Expressions of interest are invited from those with an interest / experience in the interpretation and presentation of cultural heritage sites to join ICIP—the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on the Interpretation and Presentation of Cultural Heritage Sites.
20th ICOMOS General Assembly - final voting platform: Result of the election of the 5 Vice Presidents
Dear ICOMOS Members,
As you know, following the first two rounds of the elections at the 20th ICOMOS General Assembly, the following four Vice Presidents had been elected:
Between November 2020 and March 2021, ICOMOS Canada will serve as the Secretariat for the ICOMOS Working Group on Indigenous heritage. As the Secretariat, ICOMOS Canada will convene stakeholders internationally to explore guiding principles and prepare a Terms of Reference that will guide the ICOMOS working group on Indigenous heritage for the years to come.
ICOMOS Canada has been organising webinar discussions in support of the work of the Indigenous Heritage Working Group. The third and last discussion will take place on 19 January 2021, from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM EST, on the theme: Authenticity and Outstanding Value
Dear ICOMOS members,
The 20th ICOMOS General Assembly is now only one month away – it’s time to register and study the working documents!
As you know, the General Assembly will take place through 3 online sessions on:
- Thursday, 3 December 2020 – starting 12:00 pm (noon) until approx. 13:00 or 14:00 CET (In accordance with art. 9.c. of the ICOMOS Statutes, “should the voting members present and represented come from less than the required third of National Committees, the General Assembly shall be adjourned for one hour and reconvened, after which its decisions shall be valid regardless of the number of National Committees.”)
- Monday, 7 December 2020 – starting 12:00 pm (noon) until approx. 14:00 pm CET
- Wednesday, 16 December 2020 - starting 12:00 pm (noon) until approx. 13:30 pm CET
All ICOMOS members wishing to attend the 20th General Assembly must register for all the sessions they plan to attend by filling out this online form by latest 1 December.
The team at Our Common Diginity and Icomos-Brasil are looking forward to offering a week-long workshop on Human Rights and Heritage Management 9-13 November 2020, where we will focus on what can be considered the two most difficult aspects of human rights theory: (1) how do we understand "culture" and (2) how can we deal with the fact that some rights are group-based or collective and others are individual? How can we balance conflicts between the rights of different communities?
Dear ICOMOS members,
As required by Art 9b of the ICOMOS Statutes, please find here the provisional agenda for the 20th ICOMOS General Assembly which will take place through 3 online sessions on:
- Thursday, 3 December 2020 – starting 12:00 pm(noon) until approx. 13:00 pm CEST
- Monday, 7 December 2020 – starting 12:00 pm(noon) until approx. 14:00 pm CEST
- Wednesday, 16 December 2020 - starting 12:00 pm(noon) until approx. 13:30 pm CEST
- ICOMOS Sydney GA2020 Marker Event: Registration is now open!
- GA2020 | Working Documents with final version of Resolutions
- ICOMOS mourns the passing of John Hurd, former President of the ICOMOS Advisory Committee
- Join us online for the 20th ICOMOS General Assembly in December 2020