2021 ICOMOS Scientific Symposium: Book of Abstracts now available with the video recordings!
The Advisory Committee invites you to the 2021 ICOMOS Scientific Symposium on 9 and 10 November 2021. Download the full programme of this online edition and the Book of Abstracts below.
2021 Theme LIVING HERITAGE and CLIMATE CHANGE
Our Living heritage, creating our sense of identity, is continuously changing in response to environment. In these times of rapid environmental change accelerated by the climate crisis, our responses have the potential to strengthen or destroy our living heritage.
With this in mind we invite you to explore the following questions:
- How is the climate emergency changing living heritage in your region?
- How may living heritage, -the connection of people with places, culture and nature, contribute to address the challenges of climate change, sustainability and community development?
- Can regional and local responses to risks to livelihoods and cultural heritage posed by that climate change, become assets for climate actions and resilience?
- In our heritage practice can we develop responses to climate change impacts that strengthen the connections of people with heritage places; contributing to well-being and building resilience.
- What shifts in local, national, and international heritage policies and practice are in progress or are needed to activate heritage.
Programme, Book of Abstracts and registration
This is ICOMOS’ first online Scientific Symposium. To facilitate all members across the world to participate during their normal waking/working hours, the Symposium has been divided into a morning and an evening session for both days:
- 9 November: 10:00-14:45 and 22:00-01:00 Paris time CET
- 10 November: 10:00-13:30 and 22:00-01:30 Paris time CET
The Book of Abstracts is now available with the video recordings of the sessions inside.
(updated on 29 March 2022)