GA2023 – Scientific Symposium: Call for Abstracts now open!
The call for abstracts for each of the four Themes and five Programs of the GA2023 Scientific Symposium is now open!
Submit your abstract for a session, paper or poster through the GA2023 Abstract Submission Portal below. The call for abstracts will close on 30 September 2022.
The Scientific Symposium Committee welcomes the submission of abstracts for the ICOMOS 21st General Assembly and Scientific Symposium (ICOMOS GA2023) to be held at the International Convention Centre, Sydney, Australia from 31 August – 9 September 2023. The Scientific Symposium offers a major research, information sharing, training and capacity-building opportunity for delegates, who will be able to present and attend papers, seminars, workshops, site visits and other sessions.
- 1 July 2022: Abstract online submission site opens
- 30 September 2022: Deadline to submit an abstract to system
- 10 March 2023: Authors notified of abstract submission outcome
- 31 May 2023: Author registration deadline*
* Presenters and session organisers MUST register for the GA2023 by the above date to confirm attendance. Presenters/session organisers who have not registered by this date will have their abstracts removed from the Scientific Symposium Program.
- Participants are welcome to submit abstracts in English or French. Spanish abstracts accompanied by English or French translation will be accepted.
- Participants are welcome to submit more than one co-authored paper and/or poster abstracts, and session proposals.
- Participants may only submit one individual paper abstract and/or one individual poster abstract.
- The GA2023 Scientific Committee Co-chairs reserve the right to reclassify submitted abstracts into the most appropriate theme or program.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the online abstract submission site.
- Abstracts will be reviewed as submitted by the abstract deadline of 30 September 2022.
All presenters agree to the following conditions when submitting an abstract:
- Agree that if the abstract is accepted, ICOMOS has permission to publish the abstract in printed and/or electronic formats.
- Intend to register for and attend the GA2023 Scientific Symposium and pay the appropriate registration fee by 31 May 2023.
Failure to register by 31 May 2023 will result in the following:
- The proposal being withdrawn from the GA2023 Scientific Symposium.
- The submitter will not be allowed to present their abstract at the meeting.
- The abstract will not be citable as being part of the ICOMOS GA2023 Scientific Symposium Proceedings.