Welcome to the Europe section of ICOMOS International
There are 44 ICOMOS National Committees in Europe. Within the informal framework of the ICOMOS Europe Group, these Committees cooperate bilaterally, multilaterally, at sub-regional and regional level – and actively participate in ICOMOS’ international activities, in particular with the International Scientific Committees (for whom many Committees have national mirror Scientific Committees). The Europe Group holds an annual meeting, accompanied by a scientific conference and side-events, hosted on a rotational basis by one of the Committees, and a working meeting during the ICOMOS General Assemblies.
The objectives of the Europe Group are to:
• Enhance cooperation among the European ICOMOS National Committees and heritage stakeholders and to improve their communication;
• Work jointly on issues related to cultural heritage, such as climate change or the impact of the economic crisis on the heritage sector;
• Share resources and create synergies for the implementation of common initiatives;
• Share information with members through meetings, research, dissemination etc.
• Monitor opportunities for participation of ICOMOS in projects with external partners.
Please note that access to some information on this website is restricted to ICOMOS members (you must log-in [https://www.icomos.org/en/login] to your account). If you are a member and you are not able to find the information you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us (riin.alatalu[at]icomos.org).