19th General Assembly and Scientific Symposium - Outcomes
19th General Assembly and Scientific Symposium "Heritage and Democracy"
11-15 December 2017, New Delhi, India
Held under the high patronage of the Ministry of Culture and Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, Government of India, this event gathered approximately 1000 participants and guests from 113 countries, and saw 65 ICOMOS National Committees represented. This encourages us to consider that this important moment in the life of ICOMOS is also the foremost gathering of heritage professionals world-wide.
Outcomes of the 19th General Assembly and the 2017 Extraordinary General Assembly:
- Final communiqué - EN / FR
- Resolutions adopted by the 19th General Assembly - EN / FR
- Doctrinal texts adopted by the 19th General Assembly:
- Resolutions adopted by the 2017 Extraordinary General Assembly - EN / FR
- Newly elected ICOMOS Board (2017 - 2020)
- Amended ICOMOS Statutes adopted by the 2017 Extraordinary General Assembly
- Revised ICOMOS Rules of Procedure adopted by the 2017 Extraordinary General Assembly - EN / FR
Results of the Scientific Symposium:
The papers that were presented in New Delhi will be made available in electronic format on the ICOMOS website in due course. Two documents were issued at the end of the Scientific Symposium:
- Delhi Declaration - EN (Acknowledgements and Letter from ICOMOS India) / FR (currently being translated)
- “Yatra aur Tammanah Statement - Yatra: our purposeful Journey and Tammanah: our wishful aspirations for our heritage” on learnings and commitments from the Culture-Nature Journey - EN (Acknowledgements) / FR (currently being translated)