21st ICOMOS General Assembly – Consult the preliminary agenda and schedule of information sessions
The plenary sessions of the 21st ICOMOS General Assembly will take place through one online-only session, and two hybrid sessions from Sydney, Australia.
· Friday August 25, 2023 from 12:00 to 14:00 (Paris time – CEST): Technical online opening of the General Assembly
· Monday, September 4, 2023 from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm (Sydney time – AEST): General Assembly Hybrid Session 1
· Friday, September 8, 2023 from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm (Sydney time – AEST): General Assembly Hybrid Session 2
Visit the GA2023 official website by Australia ICOMOS for more information.
Click here to register.
Online-only participation will also be available, and registration details will be announced at a later date.
The preliminary agenda includes all items to be discussed at the General Assembly. All times are provisional and subject to change.
Consult the preliminary agenda (updated 03/09/2023)
With the exception of items 2-1 to 2-5 and 2-9 of the preliminary agenda, all voting (for Board elections and other resolutions) will take place via Eurovote's successive online voting platforms. Each voting platform will be open for 24 hours. Designated voting members will receive further information on how to vote closer to the meeting date.
Resolutions consultation calendar
The draft resolutions proposed for adoption by the General Assembly are available in the GA2023 working documents: click here. Discussion of the draft resolutions will take place during an online information session (see below).
During the General Assembly session on 4 September, under item 5-2 of the preliminary agenda, the Chairman of the Resolutions Committee will provide clarifications in response to a selection of the written questions sent in by August 25. Members wishing to comment on the drafts published online or send requests for clarification are invited to send their comments/questions to GA2023-Resolutions@icomos.org within the deadlines mentioned above (please indicate your name and National Committee in your e-mail).
• 7 July: publication of draft resolutions
• 12 July at 10:00 am and 6:00 pm (Paris time – CEST): online information sessions on the draft resolutions
• 17 July: deadline for written comments on draft resolutions
• 25 July: publication of the final draft resolutions to be submitted to the General Assembly for voting via the Eurovote online voting platform and the Resolutions Committee report
• 25 August: deadline for submitting in writing:
- requests for clarification to be raised under item 5-2 Questions and answers on resolutions of the preliminary agenda of the GA on 4 September
- any formal proposals for amendments to the draft resolutions - for consideration by the Board
- any urgent and important matters requiring resolutions (in accordance with article 58 of the Rules of Procedure) - for consideration by the Board.
Prior written questions on statutory reports
The working documents (other than resolutions) will be available on 25 July 2023.
Members wishing to submit questions to the President, General Secretary and Treasurer arising from the statutory reports included in the working documents are invited to do so in writing before August 25 by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate your name and National Committee in the e-mail - and to whom your question is addressed) - to enable them to prepare a reply. A selection of these questions, as well as those posed during the in-person session and on the chat, will be addressed under agenda item 4-4 on Questions and answers on statutory reports on September 4 as time permits.
Schedule of information sessions for members
The General Assembly will be preceded by two optional online information sessions in July and August:
• Wednesday July 12 (10am and 6pm Paris time – CEST): Proposed draft resolutions - for members who have questions for the Resolutions Committee on proposed draft resolutions.
• Wednesday August 23 (12 noon Paris time – CEST): ICOMOS financial reports and draft budget - for members who wish to put questions to the Treasurer and Director General on the financial reports included in the working documents - recording of the session available on request by writing to secretariat[at]icomos.org.
Click here to register
Download the presentation on the GA procedutres and voting, as well as the document presenting the Euro-Vote online voting platform.
We thank you for your cooperation.
The International Secretariat
Visit the 21st General Assembly website