A look back at the ICOMOS Annual General Assembly 2022 in Bangkok
This year, the ICOMOS Extraordinary and Annual General Assemblies, Advisory Committee meetings and Scientific Symposium were held in Bangkok, Thailand, from October 25 to 30.
For the first time, the meetings were held in a hybrid format, with approximately 400 members participating in person and remotely.
2022 Extraordinary General Assembly and Annual General Assembly
Results of the Extraordinary General Assembly
- Resolutions adopted by the Extraordinary General Assembly – EN / FR
- Draft minutes of the Extraordinary General Assembly – coming soon
Results of the Annual General Assembly
- Resolutions adopted by the Annual General Assembly – EN / FR
- Draft minutes of the Annual General Assembly – coming soon
Scientific Symposium on Religious Heritage
The Scientific Symposium was held on October 29 and 30 on the theme "Religious Heritage: Celebrating and Conserving Places of Religious and Ritual Significance in a Globalized World and Changing Climates".
This Symposium was organized by Ms. Hae Un Rii and Mr. Vasu Poshyanandana, respectively President and Secretary General of the ICOMOS International Scientific Committee on Places of Religion and Ritual (PRERICO).
Participants in person or at a distance, members or not of ICOMOS, had the possibility to attend the sessions of their choice among about fifty presentations on the five different sub-themes of the Symposium.
The Book of Abstracts of the Scientific Symposium 2022 is available in English and French.
The recordings for each session are available here.
ICOMOS would especially like to thank ICOMOS Thailand for their hard work and support in organising this General Assembly – in particular Committee M. President Borvornvate Rungrujee, Ms. Hatthaya Siriphatthanakun and M. Vasu Poshyanandana.
ICOMOS would also like to thank the Thai partners for their gracious and kind hospitality – in particular M. Sathaporn Thiangtham, Acting Director-General of The Fine Arts Department and M. Khemchat Thepchai, Director of the Southeast Asian Regional Centre for Archaeology and Fine Arts (SEAMEO SPAFA).
Photo credits, from top to bottom :
- Khon, traditional Thai masked dance during the opening of the AGA 2022 © ICOMOS Thailand
- Lakhon, traditional Thai dance during the opening ceremony of the AGA 2022 © ICOMOS Thailand
- Exchange of tokens between Borvornvate Rungrujee (President, ICOMOS Thailand) and Teresa Patricio (President, ICOMOS) © ICOMOS Thailand