- (16 November 2013) 'Managing Cultural World Heritage' reference manual. Read more
- (16 November 2013) New database: State of Conservation of World Heritage properties. Read more
- (16 November 2013) 40th anniversary: Proceedings of the Closing Event. Read more
- (11 March 2011) New tool: "Preparing World Heritage Nominations (First Edition, 2010)" is now available as the second title within the World Heritage Resource Manual Series. Read more - Download (PDF, 4,11 MB)
- (7 February 2011) New tool: "Guidance on Heritage Impact Assessments for Cultural World Heritage Properties". Final version, February 2011. (PDF, 4,31 MB)
ICOMOS and the World Heritage Convention
→ Policy for the implementation of the ICOMOS World Heritage mandate - updated version, Oct. 2012 (PDF file, 100 KB) - en español (Dec. 2010 version - PDF file, 41 KB)
→Review of ICOMOS' working methods and procedures for the evaluation of cultural and mixt properties. Tabet, Jade, 2010 (PDF file, 3.5 MB)
→ Threats to World Heritage Sites 1994-2004: An Analysis (PDF File, 380 KB)
UNESCO World Heritage List
→ New sites inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List (July 2011)
→ World Heritage List: browse the 936 inscribed properties on the UNESCO World Heritage Centre website.
Thematic Studies for the World Heritage Convention
→ To fulfill its obligations concerning cultural properties, ICOMOS undertakes comparative and thematic studies, often with partner organizations, in different subject areas in order to provide a context for its evaluations. Thematic studies webpage
Resources and tools
→ World Heritage Site Visit Report - [Form]. This form is directed to individual ICOMOS members. Its object is to enable them to provide short, informal reports on their observations, as professionals, on what they see during their visits of towns, monuments, and sites that are inscribed on the World Heritage List in their own countries or abroad.
→ Operational Guidelines for the Implementation of the World Heritage Convention.
The World Heritage Committee, the main body in charge of the implementation of the Convention, has developed precise criteria for the inscription of properties on the World Heritage List and for the provision of international assistance under the World Heritage Fund. These are all included in this document which has been revised by the Committee to reflect new concepts, knowledge or experiences.
World Heritage and Human Rights