The Raymond Lemaire Fund - 2015 Call for candidatures
The deadline for the 2015 Call for candidatures has expired. A new call will be launched in 2016
- Short-term projects (3 to 4 days max.) e.g. participation in conferences, workshops;
- Medium-term projects (1 week to 3 months) e.g. participation in training courses, internships.
Each Scholarship will include
- Two years of free ICOMOS membership;
- Two years mentoring by an experienced ICOMOS member in the field of speciality of the laureate;
- A grant of up to maximum 1500 €.
Applications should be:
- in English or in French;
- in electronic format (as one complete PDF document with “Lemaire Fund Application 2015/candidate’s name/country” in the e-mail subject line and the PDF file name);
- sent to the ICOMOS International Secretariat at LemaireFund@icomos.org at the latest by 1 June 2015.
Applicationsshould include the following:
- A motivation letter (max. 6000 characters) that outlines, among other:
- the candidate’s recent achievements and aspirations in the cultural heritage field;
- the relevance of the proposed project to the candidate’s career path;
- if appropriate, why the particular host/organizing institution was chosen;
- why support from ICOMOS is sought;
- A Curriculum Vitae (max. 2 pages), including full contact details (telephone/email/skype); accompanied by a scanned copy of the candidate’s passport/identity card;
- A description of the project envisaged (max. 6000 characters), including:
- the nature and timeline of the project;
- estimated project costs (in Euro);
- the scholarship amount sought from the Raymond Lemaire Fund (in Euro) and possible financial contributions from other sources;
- if applicable, information or web link on the host/organizing institution/ conference/course/internship etc.;
- An academic or character reference in support of your candidature.
- Deadline for applications: 1 June 2015;
- Examination of the applications: June 2015 (shortlisted candidates may be asked for a skype interview);
- Announcement of the successful candidates: early July 2015;
- Disbursement of the 2015 scholarships: on the basis of an expense statement (including receipts), from 15 September 2015 to latest 30 June 2016.
Terms & Conditions
- All required submission materials must be received by the stated deadline. Incomplete submissions will not be considered;
- Project bursary amounts will be determined based on the candidate’s estimates and the availability of funds, to a maximum of 1500 Euro;
- Before any disbursement of scholarships, recipients will be required to provide:In the event that a recipient fails to meet any of the above conditions or use the funds within the stated time frame, ICOMOS reserves the right to withdraw the funding offer.
- proof (including receipts) of expenses incurred for which funding was approved. Costs covered may include: tuition/conference registration fees, accommodation, cost of travel to the conference, etc.;
- a short report on the project;
- In the event that a recipient fails to meet any of the above conditions or use the funds within the stated time frame, ICOMOS reserves the right to withdraw the funding offer.
Questions? E-mail us at LemaireFund@icomos.org