You own a collection of beautiful photographs illustrating ICOMOS’ scope of work and expertise (monuments and sites around the world, but also archaeologists, conservators and restorers of cultural heritage at work in the field)? You wish to share them with the ICOMOS community? It is now possible for you to upload your photos and describe them yourself to the ICOMOS collaborative photobank
1- Register / Contribute
* Create your free account on ICOMOS Website
* Login and upload your picures
* Watch tutorials:
Prepare your images
* All images will be partially free of copyright, according to Creative Commons licenses, specially developed in the spirit of free open access and complying with ICOMOS’ scientific, pedagogical and non-profit principals.
* You can upload your images one-by-one or in batches.
* Every upload is subject to moderation, validation of the data is ensured by the image bank manager.
* The more accurate your description is, the higher the image’s scientific value will be. We recommend that you use English as much as possible in order for your pictures to be better referenced and discovered by users from the international community.
* For the best possible results, each media article should respect the following conditions:
- maximum size: 5 MB
- minimum dimensions: Width x Height = 235px x 170px
2- Consult and download!
* Use advanced search and apply filters such as country, world heritage properties, year.
* Navigate through keywords, themes, photographs' names etc. that are purposely clickable.
* Once registered, you can dowldoad the image(s) that la ou les images qui vous seront utiles dans le cadre académique, scientifique et professionnel.