The "Heritage at Risk World Report 2014–2015 on monuments and sites in danger" is the latest volume of a series of World Reports first published in 2000. From a strictly preservation-based approach this publication series offers worldwide information about the dangers that are threatening our cultural heritage, in order to provide help in the case of risks and to promote practical measures to avert or at least allay these risks.
This May, ICOMOS is participating at several events linked to sustainable development, the implementation of Agenda 2030 and the post-2015 Sustainable Development Goals:
In 2017, the theme is “Cultural Heritage & Sustainable Tourism”, chosen in relation to the United Nations International Year of Sustainable Tourism for Development and in the context of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Message from the Director of the World Heritage Centre on International Day for Monuments and Sites, 18 April
Click here to read the message of Mechtild Rössler, Director of UNESCO's World Heritage Centre, on the International Day for Monuments and Sites, celebrated every year on 18 April.
Photo: Ibshek, Abu Simbel Temple © UNESCO / Shutterstock
On behalf of ICOMOS India and the Scientific Committee for the Symposium, ICOMOS has the pleasure of presenting the call for papers and proposals for the Scientific Symposium which will take place in Delhi, India, on the occasion of the 19th ICOMOS General Assembly, from 11 to 15 December 2017 (the exact dates of the Scientific Symposium are from 12 to 15 December 2017).
The theme of the Scientific Symposium is “Heritage and Democracy” with the following subthemes:
Click on the links below to download instructions and deadlines for the following matters:
- Travel Grant Applications - Criteria & Form - note that we particularly invite applications from Young Professional members of ICOMOS (deadline for applications extended to 30 May 2017)
- Submit draft resolutions to the General Assembly - Instructions & Template
- Propose candidates for the Piero Gazzola Prize or ICOMOS Honorary Membership
- Propose candidates for the election to the ICOMOS Board
From 13-15 March, the ICOMOS University Forum kicked off with a pilot workshop addressing “A Contemporary Provocation: Reconstruction as Tools of Future-making”, sponsored by Kyushu University (Japan). Some thirty specialists, both young researchers and senior professionals from around the world, met for discussions on authenticity and reconstruction at ICOMOS International in Paris.
ICOMOS and E.C.C.O. (European Confederation of Conservator-Restorers' Organisations) have agreed to closer collaboration through a Memorandum of Understanding signed on 6 March in Paris.
- ICOMOS International Scientific Committee featured in American Anthropologist
- International Course on Linking Nature and Culture in World Heritage Site Management
- "Our Common Dignity" – Rights-Based Approach – 13-17 March 2017
- Heritage Alert: Otto-Wagner-Hospital, Steinhof, Vienna