The outputs of the 3DPAST project - Living & virtual visiting European World Heritage are now available!
The results of the project "3DPAST - Living & virtual visiting European World Heritage" have just been published. This ICOMOS-supported initiative aims to contribute to the protection and awareness of the quality of vernacular heritage.
The 3DPAST project was coordinated by Escola Superior Gallaecia (esGALLAECIA), in collaboration with the University of Florence (UNIFI) and the University Politecnica de València (UPV). It was developed in the framework of the CREATIVE EUROPE Programme, with co-funding from the European Union (2016-2020).
The main idea for the project was to research and value vernacular heritage in World Heritage sites. The key-aim was to enhance this outstanding heritage, through architectural and historical research in a digital and multimedia way, crossing it with a creative component, to reach new audiences.
The project also tackles specific aims:
- distinguishing and sharing the experience on how the dwellings are inhabited and physically maintained nowadays;
- defining and disseminating site processes, regarding case study buildings and their local building culture;
- developing new interactive ways to transfer knowledge to new audiences, considering creative and technological approaches.
The project outputs are numerous as:
- 3DPAST book, "From Vernacular to World Heritage” (a publication with 250 pages in English) for free download;
- 3DPAST Booklet, "Guidelines and strategies for maintenance of vernacular architecture in World Heritage sites” (100 pages in 5 languages), for free download;
- 3DPAST App, already available at App Store, very soon at Google Play Store;
- 3DPAST Videos, introducing the outputs of the project;
- 3DPAST Digital drawings, a digital art form the creative component of the project;
- 3DPAST Platform, in which you can also visit the project’s platform with deeper research on the selected World Heritage sites, crossed with 3D Models and virtual reality;
- and elements from the International Conference Heritage 2020 on Vernacular Architecture in World Heritage Sites such as papers, proceedings and videos of the international conference. The latter was held from 9 to 12 September 2020 at the School of Architecture of the Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain.
To learn more about the 3DPAST project, please visit their website.
Photograph @ 3DPAST project, in Chazhashi village in Upper Svaneti, Georgia. Credits by Mariana Correia.