Tehran, Iran - IDMS 2019
ICOMOS Collaborative Photo Bank (ICPB) is part of the Open Access movement which promotes free and unlimited access to scientific production while defending the rights of authors over their photographical works. The Open Access movement recognizes that authors have intellectual property of their publications and thus they should decide how their publications should be disseminated and used.
ICPB respects copyright and all works deposited remain the property of the author, except in the case of a non-exclusive cession of rights to ICOMOS.
Download and use of an image
Warning upon download
Uploading one or several photographs to the ICPB
Before depositing a document, authors must make sure they hold the copyright or are authorized to deposit the document in the ICOMOS Open Archive, and that there is no restriction on its electronic distribution.
In depositing the files and the associated metadata, the author:
- grants the ICOMOS Collaborative Photo Bank the right to store them and to make them permanently publicly available for free online.
- declares that the document deposited is his/her own intellectual property or the property of a person who officially granted him/her the authorization to dispose of it.
- understands that ICPB does not assume any responsibility if there is a breach of copyright in distributing the documents or metadata.
For work being deposited by its own author
ICOMOS Collaborative Photo Bank (ICPB). ICOMOS is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided in deposited documents. Opinions expressed and data provided in deposited documents, and their associated metadata, do not commit ICOMOS in any way and are the sole responsibility of their authors. Deposited documents are not automatically endorsed by ICOMOS. The ICOMOS respects copyright and all documents deposited in the ICOMOS Open Archive remain property of their authors except in case of non-exclusive cession of rights to ICOMOS. In self-archiving documents and their associated metadata, authors declare that the material they deposit is their own intellectual property and grant ICOMOS the right to store it in the ICPB and to make them permanently publicly available for free on-line. ICOMOS does not assume any responsibility if there is a breach of copyright in distributing the documents or metadata.
For work being deposited by someone other than its author
In depositing documents, and their associated metadata, that are not their own work, the person depositing declares that he/she has been appointed by the author or the copyright holder to deposit the documents in the ICPB or that the material is in the public domain, and accepts full responsibility for any breach of copyright that distributing these files or metadata may entail.
Creative Commons is a non-profit organization whose main aim is to establish a balance between the rights of authors, cultural industries and the general public’s access to culture. Creative Commons “provide free licenses and other legal tools to mark creative work with the freedom the creator wants it to carry, so others can share, remix, use commercially, or any combination thereof.” It is the first attempt to provide a valid legal framework for Open Access.
In the upload stage of the deposit, the ICOMOS Collaborative Photo Bank offers authors who hold the rights to their works, the possibility of choosing one of the following six available Creative Commons licenses to publish their works:
• Attribution Share Alike
• Attribution No Derivatives
• Attribution Non-Commercial
• Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
• Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives
For more information about these licenses consult http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/
International day for monuments and sites in Tehran.
The program of this day was :
1. Introducing the theme of the year, reading the published statement in English / Farsi, Nasser NOWRUZZADEH CHEGINI (ICOMOS Iran Deputy)
2. On the Essence of Rural Landscape Heritage, Dr. Mahdi HODJAT (ICOMOS Iran President)
3. Speeches by the directors of related scientific committees of ICOMOS Iran (Cultural Landscape, Vernacular Architecture, Historic Towns and Villages, Troglodytic Architecture)
4. Keynote speaker's speech: Prof. Mohammadtaghi RAHNAMAEI (University of Tehran)
5. Documentary by a prominent Iranian documentary artist on rural cultural landscape
6. Introducing the new website of ICOMOS Iran