Présentation générale des acteurs européens du patrimoine culturel. Dernière mise à jour: 15/10/2013.
Pour plus d'information (référents, adresse physique, e-mail, numéros de téléphone, fax) merci de contacter le Secrétariat International de l'ICOMOS (information reservée aux membres ICOMOS).
ORGANISATIONS EUROPEENNES ET INTERNATIONALES
|EC - DG EAC||European Commission - Directorate General for Education and Culture||Public|| - European authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs
- Promotion of cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue
- Promotion of culture as a catalyst for creativity, within the framework of the Lisbon strategy
- Promotion of culture as a vital part of the EU’s external relations
|EC - DG DEVCO||European Commission - Directorate General "EuropeAid" Development and Cooperation||Public|| - Development and Cooperation – EuropeAid is a new Directorate–General (DG) responsible for designing EU development policies and delivering aid through programmes and projects across the world
- Funding of several development projects (including in the cultural and heritage fields)
|EC - EACEA||European Commission - Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency||Public|| - European executive agency operational since 2006 and responsible for cultural and heritage affairs
- Responsible for most management aspects of EU cultural programmes programmes
- Information and support to applicants and beneficiaries
- Dissemination and exploitation of projects' results
- Contribution to European Knowledge and expertise
|EP - CULT||European Parliament - Commission Culture and Education||Public||Committee responsible for:
- Improving the knowledge and dissemination of culture
- The protection and promotion of cultural and linguistic diversity
- The conservation and safeguarding of cultural heritage, cultural exchanges and artistic creation
-T he Union's education policy, including the European higher education area, the promotion of the system of European schools and lifelong learning
- The audiovisual policy and the cultural and educational aspects of the information society
- The youth policy and the development of a sports and leisure policy;
- The information and media policy;
- The cooperation with third countries in the areas of culture and education and relations with the relevant international organisations and institutions
|CoEU - CAC||Council of the European Union - Cultural Affairs Committee||Public|| - Contributing to the development of the teaching and dissemination of languages in order to develop the European dimension in education and training
- Improving the knowledge and dissemination of the culture and history of the European peoples and safeguarding cultural heritage of European significance
- Encouraging mobility of students and teachers by encouraging the mutual recognition of diplomas and periods of study
- Promoting cooperation between educational and training establishments and, in particular with regard to training, with business
|CoE - DG II||Council of Europe - DG II Democracy||Public||- Cultural policies and initiatives throughout Europe (CultureWatch Europe, Compendium, HOTopics etc.)||http://hub.coe.int|
|CCPs||European Cultural Contact Points (36 countries)||Public|| - Cultural contact points have been established in the Member States and in most of the other countries taking part in the programme
- They are responsible for promoting the programme, facilitating the participation of as many cultural professionals as possible, ensuring an exchange of information with national cultural institutions, maintaining contact between the participants in the various Community programmes and a link with the other sources of information on the various Community programmes
|JPI||Joint Programming Initiative on Cultural Heritage and Global Change||Public|| - Increase the value of relevant national and EU R&D and infrastructure investments by concerted and joint planning, implementation and evaluation of national research programmes in the field of cultural heritage
- Calls for proposals to facilitate the implementation of the JPI
|CCPTE||Compendium of Cultural Policies and Trends in Europe||Public|| - Web-based information system on cultural policies in 50 European States
- Comparative overviews on cultural policy governance and other issues
- Cultural statistics (population, participation, markets, employment, public funding)
- Monitoring standards, Developments and trends in cultural policy (standard setting instruments, national laws and policies, key recommendations made within the Council of Europe)
|HEREIN||European Heritage Network||Public|| - Intergovernmental network in the field of cultural heritage policies aiming at promoting best practice and fostering the adaptation of public authorities' policies, contributing to improving governance methods
- Database of cultural heritage policies throughout Europe
- Cultural heritage thesaurus
|HT||HOTopics||Public||Developed in cooperation between the CoE and ECURES
- Offer an innovative and evidence-based overview of culture, heritage and media issues in Europe
- Developing "hot" topics for debate
- Writing cultural heritage research articles
|CWE||CultureWatchEurope Initiative||Public|| - Generating and reviewing policy standards in areas of concern to governments and society by providing data, information, knowledge, comparative and trend analyses, expertise, advise and case studies
- providing online information through joint access to the CoE's electronic information tools and making rapid consultation or European States in order to compare achievements
- Contrubuting to prospective analysis and forward thinking by addressing topical issues and emerging trends, developments and difficulties
- Offering a platform for creative exchange and policy debate between stakeholders
|CN||Culturelink Network||Public||UNESCO-funded initiative hosted by the Institute for International Relations (IMO)
- World-wide network and platform for research in the field of cultural development
- Research and publications
- Conferences and seminars
|LC||LabforCulture||Public-private initiative|| - Informations, research and analysis in the field of culture and cultural heritage;
- Online tools to increase cooperation between relevant stakeholders
- Promotion of cultural cooperation throughout Europe through studies, funding, debates
|EuNIC||European Information Centre for Culture||Public||- Web-based portal||http://eunic-europe.eu|
|CE||Central Europe - Cooperating for Success||Public|| - EU funded programme
- Coopertion among CEE countries
|ENCC||European Network of Cultural Centres||Public|| - Enhancing and vitalising the debate on cultural identity, cultural diversity and intercultural dialogue and exchange between the European cultural centres
- Promoting the ENCC and expanding its services and membership especially to Eastern European member states to strengthen advocacy and lobby work for the interests of the independent culture scene
- Professionalizing the Europe-wide services for members and partners
|EHHF||European Heritage Heads Forum||Public|| - informal network
- built heritage, landscapes, archaeology
|EHLF||European Heritage Legal Forum||Public|| - successor to the European Working Group on EU-Directives and Cultural Heritage
- advisory body
- ensure that improved and timely information on the development and consequences of legal acts developed by the EU that may pose a problem to cultural heritage are conveyed to the national competent authorities
|EAC||Europae Archaeologiae Consilium||Public|| - Network of national heritage bodies
- support the management of the archaeological heritage
- serve the needs of national archaeological heritage management agencies
- provide a forum for organisations
- establish a closer and more structured cooperation and to exchange information
|FMoCS||Bosnia & Herzegovina - Federal Ministry of Culture and Sports||Pubilc||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.fbihvlada.gov.ba|
|EHA 3.3||European Heritage Alliance 3.3||Private|| - Informal European sectoral platform composed of 30 European and international networks and organisations in the field of cultural heritage
- Advocacy and lobby activities
|IFLA Europe||International Federation of Landscape Architects - Europe||Private|| - Lobby and advocacy organisation
- Establish, support, and promote the landscape architectural profession across Europe
- Communication (publication of an online journal)
- Shaping and disseminating European initiatives
- Education and research
|ACCR||Association des Centres Culturels de Rencontres||Private|| - Network of 47 members across 20 European countries
- Technical and thematic meetings, designed to respond to the needs of members and to enable them to tackle together changes in the fields of culture and heritage
- Projects implementation
- Coordination and advocacy
- Research and communication (thematic studies, statistics)
|ANCBS||Association of National Committees of the Blue Shield||Private|| - Cultural equivalent of the Red Cross: protection of monuments during conflicts
- Promote awareness raising, capacity building, preparedness, response and recovery at national and international level
- Set up a website containing access points to relevant databases (training, resources, specialists, conferences) with interactive links to other databases
- Serve as the communication centre, archive and resource base for the ICBS (International Commitee of the Blue Shields) and the Blue Shield national committees
|ECCO||European Confederation of Conservator-Restorers’ Organisations||Private|| - Cultural heritage safeguarded for society through high standards of professional conservation-restoration practice
- Organize, develop and promote, on a practical, scientific and cultural level, the profession of Conservator-Restorer.
- Set standards and regulate practice at European level and enhance communication between and mobility of professionals.
- Strengthen the role and responsibilities of the Conservator-Restorers in relationship to others in safeguarding Cultural Heritage
|ECOVAST||European Council for the Village and Small Town||Private|| - Enhance the well-being of rural communities, and the safeguarding of the rural heritage, throughout Europe
- Foster the economic, social and cultural vitality and the administrative identity of rural communities
- Safeguard and promote the sensitive and imaginative renewal of, the built and natural environments of such communities
|ECTN||European Cultural Tourism Network||Private|| - Network for tourism and the cultural industries throughout Europe
- Facilitate sharing of research
- Facilitate the development of transnational projects
- Develop and improve training opportunities
- Develop common responses to European Commission consultations
|ECTP-CEU||European Council of Spatial Planners||Private|| - ECTP-CEU brings together 24 professional town planning associations and institutes from 22 European countries
- Dissemination of the revised New Charter of Athens on planning European cities in the 21st century;
- Design of a Vision enhancing the quality and efficiency of cities and urban life in Europe;
- Production of a guide to spatial planning and territorial cohesion;
- Publishing of the proceedings of major conferences on European spatial development and the preparation of forthcoming conferences;
- Preparation of the European Urban and Regional Planning Awards.
|ELO||European Landowners’ Organisation||Private|| - Promote a sustainable and prosperous countryside and increase awareness relating to environmental and agricultural issues.
- Organise interdisciplinary meetings gathering together key actors from the rural sector and policy makers at the local, regional, national and European level
|Heritage Europe-EAHTR||European Association of Historic Towns and Regions||Private|| - Formed as “The European Association of Historic Towns and Regions” by the Council of Europe in October 1999 as part of the initiative “Europe – A Common Heritage”
- Promote the interests of Europe’s historic cities through international cooperation between heritage organisations and historic towns - sharing experience and good practice and promoting the sustainable management of historic areas.
- Members in 30 European countries and through our membership arrangements represent over 1000 historic towns and cities.
|INTO Europe||International National Trusts Organisation||Private||http://www.internationaltrusts.org|
|ISOCARP||International Society of City and Regional Planners||Private|| - Organise activities and events both for its members as well as for other professionals in the field of regional and city planning
- Training programmes
|TICCIH Europe||International Committee for the Conservation of the Industrial Heritage||Private|| - International organisation for industrial archaeology and the industrial heritage
- Study, protect, conserve and explain the remains of industrialisation
|CAE||Culture Action Europe||Private|| - Advocacy and lobby organisation promoting culture and arts. Over 100 members
- Provision of customized information and analysis on the EU cultural policy
|EN||Europa Nostra||Private|| - Advocacy and lobby organisation regrouping over 400 members and association
- Organisation of EU prize for cultural heritage / Europa Nostra Awards
|E-FAITH||European Federation of Associations of Industrial and Technical Heritage||NGO|| - Promote the study of and research in, recording, conservation, development and management, and interpretation of Industrial and Technical Heritage
- Facilitate co-operation in Europe between those engaged in these activities.
|EHHA||European Historic Houses Association||NGO|| - Promote European cooperation regarding the conservation of historic houses and gardens
- Provide a platform for the exchange of information and support for national historic house associations
- Promote interest in the historical, aesthetic, educational, environmental, economic and social aspects of historic houses and gardens
- Promote the extension and improvement of current historic houses, parks, gardens and estates to enable society as a whole to enjoy their attractions, beauty and story
|EMH||European Maritime Heritage||NGO|| - Encourage mutual cooperation between the extensive community of organisations in Europe, including museums, involved in keeping maritime heritage alive
- Act as a conduit for the flow of advice and assistance between such organisations to contribute to the mutual understanding of different maritime cultures and increase public awareness of those cultures, by organising a triennial congress
- Identify and promote historic water-borne links between European regions, publicising the role of waterways as a cultural bridge between the nations
- Study and resolve common problems identified in the course of preserving and operating traditional craft in Europe
- Provide official organisations of the European Union with a representative and consultative service on all aspects of preserving and operating historic boats and vessels
|ENCATC||European Network of Cultural Administration Training Centres||NGO|| - European network gathering higher educational institutions and
training organizations dealing with cultural management education
and training (over 100 members in 40 countries)
- Association status to UNESCO, and of “observer” to the Steering Committee for Culture of the Council of Europe
|ENCoRE||European Network for Conservation-Restoration Education||NGO|| - Network organisation of higher educational institutions in the field of conservation
- Restoration.promote research and education in the field of conservation and restoration of cultural heritage.
|EUROCLIO||European Association of History Educators||NGO|| - Building professional capacity through developing and implementing innovative (on-line) teaching tools
- Fostering professional knowledge exchange, intercultural dialogue and cross-community, national and trans-border networking
- Supporting sustainable professional civil society stimulating, initiating and empowering independent history and citizenship educators' Associations across Europe and beyond
|EWT||European Walled Towns||NGO|| - Exchange knowledge and experience in many fields
- Promote the interest of our members
- Support walled towns and their history in present day functioning
- Set up projects together to stimulate exchange
- Convene regular symposia in member towns
|FEDECRAIL||European Federation of Museum and Tourist Railways||NGO|| - European parent organisation for all friends of railways who are engaged in the maintenance, preservation and operation of historical railways. 36 members in 25 countries.
- Research, publications and communication
|FHR||Future for Religious Heritage – European Network for historic places of worship||NGO|| - FRH is the only European network of charities, governmental, religious and university departments, that work to protect religious heritage buildings across Europe
- Promote Europe’s rich religious heritage, which is a shared resource for cultural, social and economic development
- Raise awareness of the threats facing Europe’s religious heritage.
Provide a communication platform for those working to protect Europe’s religious heritage
- Share expertise and experience on common challenges
- Identify areas where a Europe-wide response is appropriate and influence policy-makers on behalf of our members
|OWHC / OVPM||Organisation of World Heritage Cities||NGO|| - Contribute to the implementation of the Convention concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage and the International Charter for the Protection of Historic Cities
- Encourage, on both regional and international levels, cooperation and the exchange of information and expertise among historic cities
- Ensure better links between research undertaken by specialists or experts and the needs of local management;
- Sensitize the populations to heritage values and their protection
|UIA||UIA workgroup Heritage Region 1 (International Union of Architects)||NGO|| - The International Union of Architects (UIA), is a global federation of national associations of architects
- Training, advocacy and exchange activities
|ERICarts||European Institute for Comparative Cultural Research||NGO|| - Comparative cultural research (concept building, empirical research, case studies, communication)
- Cultural policy monitoring in cooperation with expres from over 40 European countries
|ECURES||European Association of Cultural Researchers E.V||NGO|| - Promote scientific and cultural co-operation throughout Europe and with the Southern hemisphere
- Work for increased transparency and competence in European cultural policymaking
- Support cultural researchers through exchanges and training
- Help improve methodologies and instruments used in cultural research
|BO||Budapest Observatory||NGO|| - Regional obersvatory on financing culture in East-Central Europe
- Observe, present, interpret, compare and analyse facts and processes impacting on cultural heritage
- Consultation for public policy-making
- Events organisation and project management
|ECF||European Cultural Foundation||NGO|| - Grants, awards, events, targeted advocacy actions, reflection groups
- Capacity building and training
- Online information platform
|BHN||Baltic Heritage Network||NGO|| - Multilingual electronic gateway to gather information on the cultural heritage of the Baltic diaspora with the aim of ensuring access to relevant information
- Developing a network of cooperation in the field of the cultural heritage of Estonians and Balts abroad, which includes memory and scholarly institutions, diplomatic and other institutions, international Baltic communities, organizations and individuals – at home and abroad
|AMATEO||European Network for Cultural Participation in Cultural Activities||NGO|| - Information flow, especially about the socio-cultural activities of the member organisations
- Political support for the importance of active participation in cultural activities
- The exchange of information and practice among the member organisations
- International co-operation projects such as festivals, exhibitions, exchange programmes, etc;
- The development of cultural projects, exchange programmes and tours and supporting the search for relevant partners from participating countries
joint research into the field of active cultural participation;
- Intercultural dialogue
|BE||Banlieues d'Europe||NGO|| - Debates
|AVEC||Alliance of European Cultural Cities||NGO|| - Network of historical cities and territories
- Position local heritage as a motor for sustainable development and commit in a quality approach
- Give international visibility for the network as a whole
- Integrate innovation into existing structures
|EAA||European Association of Archaeologists||NGO|| - To promote the development of archaeological research and the - exchange of archaeological information
- To promote the management and interpretation of the European archaeological heritage
- To promote proper ethical and scientific standards for archaeological work
- To promote the interests of professional archaeologists in Europe
- To promote co-operation with other organisations with similar aims
|EFHA||European Forum of Heritage Associations||NGO|| - To heighten public awareness about the cultural heritage of Europe through the creation of a network for the non-professional world, in particular in the field of archaeology
- International exchange programmes for individual members
|EAHI||European Association for Heritage Interpretation||NGO|| - To foster and further good practice and research in heritage interpretation throughout Europe
- To establish an annual conference.
- To establish a virtual market place that serves to link
all those that are involved and interested in interpretation
in an international context.
- To develop further a system of international quality standards
in heritage interpretation based on the Transinterpret approach.
|ICA||International Council of Archives||NGO||- The International Council on Archives (ICA) is dedicated to the effective management of records and the preservation, care and use of the world's archival heritage through its representation of records and archive professionals across the globe.||http://www.ica.org|
|INTBAU||International Network for Traditional Building, Architecture and Urbanism||NGO||- INTBAU is a world wide organisation dedicated to the support of traditional building, the maintenance of local character and the creation of better places to live. We are creating an active network of individuals and institutions who design, make, maintain, study or enjoy traditional building, architecture and places.||http://www.intbau.org|
|WMF - Europe||World Monuments Fund Europe||NGO|| - Advocacy
- Education and traning
- Capacity Bulding
- Disaster recovery
|MTKRS||Albania - Ministry of Culture Tourism and Sport||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mtkrs.gov.al|
|MoC||Armenia - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mincult.am|
|MoEAC||Austria - Federal Ministry for Education, Arts and Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.bmukk.gv.at|
|MoC||Andorra - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.cultura.ad|
|MoCT||Azerbaijan - Ministry of Culture and Tourism||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://mct.gov.az|
|MOC||Belarus - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://kultura.gov.by|
|DGC||Belgium - DG for Culture, Ministry of the French Community||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.culture.be|
|MoCYS||Belgium - Flemish Ministry of Culture, Youth and Sport||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.cjsm.be|
|MoC||Bulgaria - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mc.government.bg|
|MoC||Croatia - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.min-kulture.hr|
|MoEC||Cyprus - Ministry of Education and Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.moec.gov.cy|
|MKCR||Czech Republic - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mkcr.cz|
|KUM||Denmark - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.kum.dk|
|MoC||Estonia - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.kul.ee|
|MoEC||Finland - Ministry of Education and Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.minedu.fi/OPM/|
|MoCC||France - Ministry of Culture and Communication||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.culturecommunication.gouv.fr|
|MoCMPS||Georgia - Ministry of Culture, Monument Protection and Sport||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.culture.gov.ge|
|FCCMA||Germany - Federal Commissioner for Culture and Media Affairs||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.kulturportal-deutschland.de|
|HMoC||Greece - Hellenic Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.culture.gr/culture/gindex.jsp|
|OKM||Hungary - Ministry of Education and Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.okm.gov.hu|
|SDACS||Ireland - State Department for Arts Culture and Sports||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.ahg.gov.ie|
|MHC||Italy - Ministry for the Heritage and Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.beniculturali.it|
|MKRS||Kosovo - Ministry of Culture Youth and Sport||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mkrs-ks.org|
|MoC||Latvia - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.km.gov.lv|
|MoFAEC||Liechtenstein - Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Education and Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs|
|MoC||Lithuania - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.lrkm.lt|
|MoC||Luxembourg - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mc.public.lu|
|MoC||fYRoM - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.kultura.gov.mk|
|MCCA||Malta Council for Culture and Arts||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.maltaculture.com|
|MoCT||Moldova - Ministry of Culture and Tourism||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.turism.gov.md|
|MoI||Monaco - Ministry of Interior||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://en.gouv.mc|
|MKU||Montenegro - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mku.gov.me|
|MoECS||The Netherlands - Ministry of Education, Culture and Science||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.government.nl/ministries/ocw|
|MoCCA||Norway - Ministry of Culture and Church Affairs||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.regjeringen.no/nb/dep/kud.html?id=545|
|MKIDN||Poland - Ministry of Culture and National Heritage||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mkidn.gov.pl|
|SSC||Portugal - Secretary of State of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.portugal.gov.pt/en/the-ministries/secretary-of-state-of-culture.aspx|
|MoCRA||Romania - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.cultura.ro|
|MKRF||Russia - Ministry of Culture and Mass Communications||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://mkrf.ru|
|MoC||Serbia - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.kultura.gov.rs|
|MoC||Slovakia - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://old.culture.gov.sk|
|MoC||Slovenia - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mk.gov.si|
|MECD||Spain - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.mecd.gob.es|
|MoC||Sweden - Ministry of Culture||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.regeringen.se|
|BAK||Switzerland - Federal Office of Cultural Affairs||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://www.bak.admin.ch|
|MoCT||Ukraine - Ministry of Culture and Tourism||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||http://mincult.kmu.gov.ua|
|DCMS||United Kingdom - Department for Culture, Media and Sport||Public||National authority responsible for cultural and heritage affairs||https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/department-for-culture-media-sport|
18 Avril 2013 - Events [Événements]
List of countries:
Albania - Andorra - Argentina - Armenia - Australia - Azerbaïjan - Bosnia & Herzegovina - Bulgaria - Canada - China - Costa Rica - Croatia - Cuba - Czech Republic [République tchèque] - Dominican Republic - Germany - Greece - Honduras - Hungary - India - Iran - Ireland - Italy - Korea - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macedonia - Madagascar - Montenegro - Nepal - Oman - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Qatar - Romania - Serbia - Seychelles - Spain - South Africa - Tanzania - Trinidad and Tobago - Tunisia - Turkey
Who ? The Regional Directorate of National Culture; The Office for the Management and Coordination of the historical centre of Gjirokastra; The Economic Department of the Faculty of Social Sciences "Eqrem Çabej" in Gjirokastra; The Tourist Service Regional Office for the District of Gjirokastra; ICOMOS Albania; The Office for Information and Tourism Development in the city of Gjirokastra; The Office for the Management and Coordination of the Archaeological Park of Antigonea
What? Programme including a conference and different activities around the subject of “The Heritage and the development of tourism in the district of Gjirokastra: from the perspective of students in Tourism”
When? 18 April 2013
Where? Antigonea park near Gjirokastra
Contact and further information:
Edlira Caushi, President ICOMOS Albania, email@example.com
Antigonea Park : http://antigonea-en.kk5.org/
Qui ? ICOMOS Andorre, avec le soutien du Ministère de la Culture, du Ministère de l'Éducation et de la Jeunesse, et de l'Ordre des Architectes d'Andorre
Quoi ? Table Ronde sous le titre "Le Patrimoine de l'Éducation en Andorre".
Cette Table Ronde avec quatre participants, dont deux membres de notre Comité, souhaite offrir un regard transversal sur le Patrimoine de l'Éducation que les deux derniers siècles nous en légué tout en recherchant bien avant dans notre histoire bien que des témoins immobiliers ne nous soient pas parvenus de ces temps plus reculés. L'année 2013 coïncide en Andorre avec le 30ème anniversaire de la création de l'École Andorrane ce qui ajoute un plus très intéressant. Cette Table Ronde se déroulera dans un centre d'enseignement pour justement renforcer la vocation de l'événement. La formule Table Ronde a été retenue pour qu'un riche débat puisse avoir lieu après les quatre présentations.
Quand ? 18 avril 2013
Où ? 19:30, Escola Andorrana, Av. Fiter i Rossell, Escaldes-Engordany
Who ? ICOMOS Argentina junto a la Facultad de Arquitectura y Diseño de la Universidad Católica de La Plata y CAPBA Distrito 1/ ICOMOS Argentina with the Faculty of Architecture and Design of the Catholic University of La Plata and CAPBA Distrito 1
LATINOAMERICANAS PATRIMONIO y DESARROLLO, En adhesión al 40º Aniversario de ICOMOS Argentina y al Día Internacional de los Monumentos y los Sitios/ 2nd Latin American Days on Heritage and Developpment, in celebration of the 40th anniversary of ICOMOS Argentina and the International Day on Monuments and Sites
When ? 17 al 20 de abril de 2013/ 17-20 April 2013
Where ? Facultad de Arquitectura y Diseño, Universidad Católica de La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Contact and further information: firstname.lastname@example.org – www.ucalp.edu.com.ar
Qui? ICOMOS Armenia
- Diffusion du Communiqué de presse aux principaux médias arméniens
- Lettre circulaire adressé aux Ministères de la Culture et de l’Éducation d’Arménie sur le message du 18 avril et sur le thème «Patrimoine de l’éducation»
- Nettoyage au jet d’eau de quelques écoles de la ville de Erévan inscrite sur la Liste du patrimoine national, avec le soutien du Ministère de l’éducation et de la Municipalité de la ville de Erévan
- Organisation de nettoyage des sites archéologiques avec le soutien du Ministère de la Défense
- Production de l’affiche publicitaire consacrée au 18 avril
- Exposition «Mémoire de la terre : Artsakh» consacrée aux études archéologiques de la République de Haute Karabakh, ouverture le 18 avril à 12:00, Site-musée archéologique d’Erebuni, 020, Erévan, 38, rue Erebuni, www.erebuni.am
Contact et informations supplémentaires : Gagik Gyurjyan, Président ICOMOS Armenia, email@example.com et www.erebuni.am
Who? Australia ICOMOS,
What? Guided Tour and Seminar “18 April 2013 - The Heritage of Education”
When? 18 April 2013
Where? The Muse, Building C, entrance via 695 Harris Street, Sydney TAFE Ultimo
Contact and further information: Kerime Danis,
Who?The Union of Architects of The Republic of Azerbaijan, with among other the Institute of Architecture and Art under the National Academy of Sciences, the University of Architecture and Construction, the Administration of the State Historical-Architectural Reserve "Icherisheher" (World Heritage Site-Walled city of Baku) under the Cabinet of Ministries of Azerbaijan
What? Our Union plans to celebrate the International Day of Monuments and Sites. We also plan to organize several related events (information sessions for high school and university students about the value of heritage, importance of their preservation, activity of ICOMOS, printing of brochures and posters), as well as holding a closing conference.
When? 18 April 2013
Contact and further information: <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
Who? ICOMOS Bosnia and Herzegovina in cooperation with the Faculty of Pedagogy in Sarajevo
What? Round table session "Cultural and Historical Heritage and Education"
Keynote speakers are renowned experts and activists working in the field of education, museology and urban development.
When? 18 April 2013 at 9:00
Where? Faculty of Pedagogy in Sarajevo
Contact: Aida Murti?, Secretary, ICOMOS National Committee in Bosnia and Herzegovina, email@example.com
Download detailed programme and invitaiton.
Who? ICOMOS Bulgaria, in cooperation with the Union of Architects of Bulgaria
What? Conference with the following programme
- Mr Stefan Belishki - Competences for access to the conservation-restoration profession
- Mr Julian Raychev - The stained glass of Ivan Penkov in the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski"
- arch. Yavor Bankov - Possibilities of the National Museum of Bulgarian architecture as a means of education
- arch. Gabriela Semova-Koleva - Announcing the annual award of the Architectural Heritage Association at the Union of Architects in Bulgaria for graduation projects in architecture
When ? 18 April 2013
Who? Qui ? ICOMOS Canada est partenaire d'Héritage Montréal qui, avec le concours des pouvoirs publics, rassemble chaque année un groupe d'institutions et d'organismes en lien avec le thème pour souligner cette journée à Montréal par des activités
What? Quoi ? Voir programme :
FR: http://www.heritagemontreal.org/fr/18-avril-2013-journee-internationale-des-monuments-et-sites/ENG: http://www.heritagemontreal.org/en/april-18th-2013-international-day-for-monuments-and-sites/
Contacts et informations supplémentaires : Amélie Renouf, Chef des programmes et activités/Head of Programs and Activities, Héritage Montréal – firstname.lastname@example.org
Who? ICOMOS China and partners
What? We have issued a call of action to all our institutional members, published the news on our website, and published an article introducing this year’s theme in “The Chinese Cultural Heritage Press”, the most popular newspaper in the field of cultural heritage in China. The article has also been included on the official website of the State Administration of Cultural Heritage.
The annual Wuxi Forum was held on 10 April, sponsored by the State Administration of Cultural Heritage, co-organized by ICOMOS China, Jiangsu Provincial Bureau of Cultural Heritage and Wuxi City, with the theme: “Conservation and use of cultural heritage – striving for the right balance in development”. Almost 100 participants from most of the provincial departments of cultural heritage and major universities and institutions attended the event, discussing the theory and practice of how to protect cultural heritage and use it in a sustainable way to benefit both the present generation and generations to come.
The following are some other events organized by our members:
ICOMOS International Conservation Center Xi'an (IICC-X)
- Beihai Park- Beijing
A lecture by Guo Zhan, ICOMOS Vice President, on World Heritage, for about 50 senior staff from Beihai Park, Jingshan Park and Zhongshan Park (two royal parks and one imperial altar).
On this occasion, a photography exhibition on the theme will be inaugurated at Beihai Park, open to the general public.
- Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Museum-Hohhot
An event with the title “Touching the civilization of prairie through the interpretation of archaeological sites”, which includes a lecture on the subject “Inherit the culture, the heritage of education”, and interactions between the museum staff and the audience after the lecture. The museum will organize a Treasure Hunt for its visitors and will present a prize to the winner. Meanwhile, the host will illustrate the pictures of historic relics which have been found in the game and ask related questions in order to engage the visitors in the museum.
- Ming Xiaoling Museum (museum of an imperial tomb of the Ming Dynasty) - Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
Several events will be held in the Ming Xiaoling Museum on the International Day on Monuments and Sites. In addition, a public lecture entitled “Sun Quan, the Wu Emperor” will be held on Xiaolingwei Street. A lecture related to cultural heritage entitled “Sun Quan and Meihua Mountain” will be held at the Nanjing Institute of Industrial Technology.
Who? ICOMOS Costa Rica, in partnership with other institutions
What? Activities in three places over three days - Download full programme
However, research and activities on the theme "The Heritage of Education" will continue during the whole year.
In May, we will be participating in the Congress “Sustainability, Heritage and Education” organized by the Costarican College of Architects. This conference involves four ICOMOS representatives: Christer Gustafsson (Sweden), Daniel Young (Panama), Alfredo Conti (Argentina) and Patricia Fumero (Costa Rica)
Who? ICOMOS Croatia and University of Rijeka
What? As part of the one-day conference series “Dialogues with Heritage” (Dijalozi s bastinom), the third conference is entitled “Recognition of Values” (Prepoznavanje vrijednosti)
When? 17 April 2013.
Where? University of Rijeka
Contact and further information: http://www.icomos-hrvatska.hr/
Who? ICOMOS Cuba, in coordination with the Ministry of Culture
What? A meeting inviting cultural personalities and giving annual prizes including two sponsored by ICOMOS Cuba, one for restoration and a second for the conservation of the Cuban cultural heritage. The President of the jury this year has been our colleague Dr. Daniel Taboada, President of Honour of ICOMOS Cuba.
Contact : José Fornés, President ICOMOS Cuba, email@example.com
Who? ICOMOS Czech Republic, together with the Association of Historical Settlements in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia, the Office of the President of the Republic, Prague Castle Administration and other cultural and political organisations
What? The Ceremonial Session is held in the Spanish Hall of Prague Castle. About 600 people will participate and the President of ICOMOS Czech Republic will give one of the welcome speeches.
The laureates of the competition “Historical Town of the Year - prizes for the best preparation and implementation of the Regeneration Programmes of Conservation Areas and Conservation Zones 2012” will be announced.
In addition, ICOMOS Czech Republic will organize a public conference with the support of the National Heritage Institute and other cultural institutions on the subject : “Monuments of Teaching and Education" with the contributions of our best experts.
The Programme is as follows:
- "Nostic Library – An Authentic Stand of the Aristocratic Education and Culture"
- "Strahov Monastery Library – The Legacy of Monastic Science and Education"
- "Clementinum and its Importance as the Seat of University Education and the Center of Baroque Culture".
When? 18 April 2013
Contact: Josef Stulc, President of ICOMOS Czech Republic, firstname.lastname@example.org
ICOMOS Dominican Republic published a poster to celebrate the International Day – Download
What? Expert meeting: “Jewish Cemeteries in Central and Eastern Europe, World Heritage Proposal”, International Meeting of Experts,
When? 17-19 April 2013 in Berlin. With the participation of ICOMOS members from Germany, Hungary and Poland.
Contact and further information: email@example.com
What? Book presentation: "World Heritage - Constantine Basilica in Trier"
When? on 16.04.2013 at 18:00 clock in the Konstantinbasilka Trier.
The Konstantinbasilka in Trier with its unique exterior Roman mural painting belongs to the most important Roman remains in Trier and is part of the UNESCO World Heritage List. In the context of the on-going conservation measures, the University of Applied Science and the Arts, the Directorate General for Cultural Heritage of the Rhineland-Palatinate and ICOMOS Germany had organisedan international meeting from7 - 9 April 2011. The 16 papers published in the proceedings focus on the conservation challenges faced in dealing with the murals of the Konstantinbasilkaand expand our view on mural restoration and presentation methods in Europe.
Contact and further information : Prof. Dipl. Rest (FH) Nicole Riedl, Email: Riedl@hawk-hhg.de
Who? ICOMOS Hellenic within the framework of celebrating and promoting the International Day for Monuments and Sites, has organized a number of events in collaboration with other organizations such as the National TechnicalUniversity of Athens (NTUA), the Association of GreekArchaeologists(SAR), the MOnuMENTA, the Club for UNESCO of the departments of PiraeusandIslands and the Committee of residents of Plato'sAcademy.
- ICOMOS Hellenic has printed a poster depicting the building of the National Technical University of Athens and the surrounding district in the beginning of the 19th Century.
- Together with the other co-organizers we have recorded and documented all educational monuments in Greece so as to protect them and make them known to the public.
- Upon the initiative of the Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities in Thesprotia, and with the support of Hellenic ICOMOS, a poster was created on: “Heritage and Education. A challenge and an occasion for pupils to meet the old schools buildings of Thesprotia”, and school buildings of the 19th and 20th century in the area were gathered in printed material and digital form
- Several bodies (public and private) are organizing in Sparta (Peloponnese) an event entitled: “The first public educational buildings in Sparta”. Similar initiatives will take place all over Greece, especially for the awareness-raising of teenagers in the protection and preservation of educational monuments.
- On Monday, (15/4), a scientific event will be held entitled: “The CulturalHeritage of Education.GreekEducation (paedeusis)” (NTUA Hallevents), Averof building,42 Patission Str., Athens). The presentations will deal with issues regarding the Hellenic heritage of education.
- On Sunday (14/4) ICOMOS Hellenic organized a very successful guided tour in Plato’s Academy, followed by an artistic event with the Mixed Choir of the National TechnicalUniversity of Athens (NTUA)
Who? ICOMOS Honduras
What?Since August of 2012, ICOMOS Honduras has organized a workgroup with the Committee for the Safeguard of the Historic Town of Tegucigalpa-Comayagüela, the capital city of Honduras. During the month of April we are undertaking a series of talks in the only two public universities and also three private universities directed at the students in the majors of architecture, fine arts, anthropology and social sciences in general. Therefore, in these talks we have included the discussion of charters and guidelines addressing the topic and good practices promoted by ICOMOS. At the same time we are using the opportunity to raise awareness for the 2013 theme, Heritage of Education, of the International Day on Monuments and Sites. The universities are the following:
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (public)
Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán (public)
Universidad José Cecilio del Valle (private)
Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (private)
Centro de Diseño, Arquitectura y Construcción (private)
Contact: Gloria Lara Hasemann, President of ICOMOS Honduras, firstname.lastname@example.org
Qui ? ICOMOS Hongrie
Quoi? En l’occasion du 30eme anniversaire de la Journée Mondiale des Monuments et des Sites, Séance solennelle d’une journée sous le titre « Les possibilités de la société et de la conservation des monuments en temps de crise ». Cette séance solennelle comportera deux parties:
- La première, dédiée à la Célébration de la Journée Mondiale, sera saluée par les mots du président de ICOMOS, M. Araoz (lettre lue), et par le président de ICOMOS Hongrie, Gergely Nagy,
- suivie par de brèves salutations et lectures des représentants du Ministère de l’Intérieur hongrois, le Ministère des Ressources Humaines hongrois, le Centre Gyula Forster pour le Patrimoine, et le Ministère de l’Administration Publique et de la Justice.
Suivront les remises de Prix décernés par ICOMOS Hongrie: les Prix ICOMOS Hongrie 2013, les Prix „Citron” 2013, et pour la première fois, les Prix „Pour l’entretien exemplaire d’héritage”.
La deuxième partie de cette journée sera une réunion scientifique, divisé en deux parties:
- La première partie aura pour thème: Le système de coopération des institutions nationales: devoirs et possibilités, présidée par M. Géza Entz - avec 5 lectures prévues
- La deuxième partie aura pour thème: les possibilités qu’ont la conservation des monuments et la société en temps de cris, méthodes et possibilités, présidée par M. Gergely Nagy – avec 6 lectures prévues.
Quand ? Le 18 avril 2013,
Who lCOMOS India
- Inaugural event of the ICOMOS India Lecture Series at the National Museum in New Delhi
- Movie screening and discussion on protecting the “Urban Heritage of Bangalore” at the Indian Institute for Human Settlements at Bangalore City Campus
- Celebrations at Historic 0smania University of Hyderabad.
Contacts: Rohit Jigyasu, Interim Chairperson ICOMOS India, email@example.com
Who ? SVCA in collaboration with INTACH Hyderabad
What ? Student design competition on 'adaptive re-use of Mehboob mansion in Hyderabad' a 110 year old monument of Nizam times. The jury is being held on 12 April and results will be declared on 18 April, in celebration of the International Day of Monuments and Sites.
Contact: Pingali Naga Praveen firstname.lastname@example.org
Who ?ICOMOS Iran
- 18 April Declaration “The heritage of education” by Ms. N. Malek
- An introduction to “The heritage of education” by Prof. M. Hodjat (President of ICOMOS Iran)
- “The School garden” by Prof. H. Behbahani
When?April 15, 2013 from 3:00-5:00 pm
Also our monthly lectures will continue on the subject of the heritage of education throughout the year.
Contact: Arash Boostani, Secretary General of ICOMOS Iran,email@example.com
Who? ICOMOS Ireland and partners (see for each event below)
* Dublin: Sustaining our Built Environment - review of the State of Conservation Education and Training in Ireland
ICOMOS Ireland, through its Education and Training National Scientific Committee, is organising a networking conference with keynote speaker Dr Jukka Jokilehto, former president and Honorary member ICOMOS International Training Committee. Using the ICOMOS Ireland review of 2009, Sustaining our Built Environment, A Review of the State of Conservation Education and Training in Ireland, it will evaluate current education and training provision while linking this global theme of cultural heritage skills development to our local and national realities. This event is by invitation only.
*Galway: Secret Landscapes: The Upland Archaeology of the Northern Slieve Aughty - Kilchreest/Castledaly Community Archaeology Project.
This community archaeology project is being promoted by Christy Cunniffe, Galway Field Monument Advisor in partnership with the Kilchreest/Castledaly community. The Field Monument Advisor Programme is an initiative of The Heritage Council and the Heritage Office of Galway County Council. Newly discovered archaeological monuments in the uplands of Kilchreest date from the Bronze Age right through to the 19th century material will be visited. The event will be officially launched by the Mayor of County Galway, Mr Tom Welby at 3.30 in Woodville Walled Garden, Kilchreest, Co Galway and will be followed by a presentation on the Growing Importance and Significance of Communuity Archaeology by Maggie Roynane, Lecturer in Archaeology at NUI Galway. All welcome.
*Roscommon: Loughnaneane Park Primary Schools Education Pack – explore Roscommon Castle
ICOMOS Ireland in conjunction with Roscommon County Council have invited all primary schools in the county to visit Roscommon Castle on the 18 April to explore this 13th century castle using the Loughnaneane Park Primary schools education pack.
In recognition of International Day of Monuments and Sites, the Heritage Unit of Cork County Council will give a talk and tour on the day at one of the fantastic heritage site's in its ownership - Bridgetown Abbey, near Castletownroche.
Date/Time Thursday 18th April at 15:00
Event: Bridgetown Abbey - An Educational Tour by County Archaeologist Mary Sleeman
Location: Bridgetown Abbey, Castletownroche
Event Organised By: Cork County Council's Heritage Unit
For More Information: contact the Heritage Unit on 021 4276891
When ? 18 April
For further information: See ICOMOS Ireland website
Who ? ICOMOS Italy, Comune di Firenze and Fondazione Romualdo Del Bianco - Life Beyond Tourism
What ? The International Day of Monuments and Sites - ICOMOS is the occasion to stimulate a reflection on the importance of the educational value of cultural heritage and the use of new technologies related to teaching.
The event will start at 9:30 at the Auditorium al Duomo with the objective to share between the institutions and the citizens those initiatives that are centred on the interaction between the cultural heritage, the education and the awareness. Will be present at the event, together with the promoters, ICCROM, the Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic for the Tuscan Region, the Centro UNESCO di Firenze ONLUS, the Angeli del Bello Foundation, the Cattedra UNESCO – Università di Firenze, Department of Architecture, the Teatro della Pergola Foundation, the Museo dei Ragazzi Association, the Museo Stibbert, the Museo Casa di Dante, the SS. Annunziata Foundation of Empoli – Scuola associata UNESCO, ARCA – Amici della Repubblica Ceca Associati.
During the whole day, the Auditorium al Duomo will open its space to the citizens that will have the opportunity to participate to the meetings, to see the exposition desks and the information corners, in order to create an interaction between institutions and the participants.
Auditorium al Duomo Foyer: Exhibition of the 30 best images that took part in the photo contest SNAPSHOT ON FLORENCE (No profit Portal Life Beyond Tourism) and official ceremony for the awarding of the 3 best pictures.
Palazzo Vecchio, from the 14th to the 18th of April, will be the meeting point for a series of guided tours through the city streets to discover the incredible cultural heritage of Florence which is UNESCO World Heritage since 1982. The tours are promoted and realized by the Museo dei Ragazzi, and are: Viaggio nella Firenze romana, Viaggio nella Firenze medievale, Viaggio nella Firenze medicea - Reservation is compulsory at 055-2768224 055-2768558, firstname.lastname@example.org
When? Thursday April 18th 2013, 9:30 – 19:30
Where? Palazzo Vecchio – Piazza Signoria / Auditorium al Duomo – Via de’ Cerretani 54/r
What ?Symposium partially to celebrate the International Day of Monuments and Sites.Hae Un Rii, President of ICOMOS Korea will give a keynote speech on the theme of the Heritage of Education.
When? April 18-19, 2013
Where? Pil-Am Seowon (Private Confucian Academy in Joseon Dynasty), Jangseong-Gun, Jeollanam-do, Republic of Korea. The official language is Korean
Contact: Hae-Un Rii, President of ICOMOS Korea, email@example.com
Who?ICOMOS Lithuania together with the Department of Cultural Heritage and Kaunas Region Municipality
What? The event dedicated to the 18 April will take place in the historic area – the restored manor and park of Raudondvaris near the city of Kaunas.
Some lectures will be held, the nominations of the best projects-realisations in restoration (architecture, urban landscape, mural painting, etc. ) as well as nominations for the best archaeological works will be presented.
The event will finish with group photo and an excursion to the manor, park, church and museum.
Contact and further information: Marija Nemuniene, President of ICOMOS Lithuania, firstname.lastname@example.org
Qui ? ICOMOS Luxembourg.
Quoi ? Emission à la radio socio-culturelle le matin du 18 avril à 7h35.
Alex Langini, President of ICOMOS Luxembourg, Alex.Langini@mc.etat.lu
Who? ICOMOS Macedonia in cooperation with the Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (IZIIS) from Macedonia, and the Companies - REFIX from Austria and SINTEK from Macedonia.
What ? International seminar on "Usage ofnew materialsandtechnologiesfor theconservationof monuments andhistoric buildings- transfer ofknowledge andeducation of staff":
- Introduction speech - Mr. Predrag Gavrilovic;
- Review of the REFIKSlimemortar/repairandrestorationsystems - Mr. Martin Ep, Austria;
- Natural Hydraulic Lime mortars/systems - Mr. Dino Berginc, Slovenia;
- Practical application of limemortars/systems - Mr. Dino Berginc, Slovenia;
- Establishment of a network of regional specialized centers for education, training and transfer of knowledge for protection of cultural heritage in seizmic prone regions - Mr. Lazar Shumanov;
- Promotion of the Archaeological Guide - Gevgelija - Valandovo Region 2013 - Mr. Boban Husenovski - Mr. Emil Slamkov;
- Guided visit of the laboratories of IZIIS
When ? 19.04.2013
Where ? Skopje, Macedonia
Contact: Zoran Pavlov, President of ICOMOS Macedonia, email@example.com
Qui?ICOMOS Madagascar, de concert avec le Ministère Malgache de la Culture et du Patrimoine,
Quoi? La région du nord-ouest ne disposant pas encore de biens patrimoniaux liés à l'éducation, le thème retenu pour la conférence est "La problématique de la conservation des sites et monuments à Madagascar" de manière à sensibiliser ses autorités et les habitants.
Quand etoù?18 avril à Mahajanga (Majunga), une ville portuaire du nord-ouest du pays, à quelque 600 km d'Antananarivo, la capitale.
Contact et informations supplementaires:Prof Rafolo, Président ICOMOS Madagascar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Who ? ICOMOS Montenegro, in cooperation with the University of Montenegro.
What ? ICOMOS Education Panel - the Heritage of Education
- INTRODUCTION SPEECH- Mr. Ilija lalosevic, Ph.D, Conservator Advisor
- THE MEANING OF THE 18 APRIL CELEBRATION- Ms. Snjezana Simovic M.Arch Conservator Advisor
- LOCAL SEISMIC TRADITION IN THE FUNCTION OF RETROFITTING HERITAGE BUILDINGS- Mr. Ilija lalosevic, Ph.D, Conservator Consultant
Also, a newspaper article that promotes ICOMOS and the meaning of the International Day for Monuments and Sites has been prepared and will be released on the 18 April
When ?18 April at 2.00 PM.
Where ? Podgorica,
Contact: Snjezana Simovic, President ICOMOS Montenegro, email@example.com
Who? Youth Awareness Environmental Forum (YAEF/NEPAL), Environment Cycle Radio F.M.104.2Mhz(ECRFM/Nepal), Environmental Library
What?Youth Awareness Environmental Forum (YAEF) in Nepal has established a community radio called “Environment Cycle Radio” F.M. 104.2 MHz. The radio station will broadcast heritage- related slogans every day at 6pm from 17 to 19 April.2013
On 18 April, the YAEF will hold an interactive programme concerning the important heritage in Lalitpur Godawari Area, which is the major water resource and heritage area in the Kathmandu Valley.
Who?Directorate General for Archaeology and Museums, Sultanate of Oman
What? Exhibition "The Cultural Making of Oman"
When? 17 April – 15 May 15 2013
Where?Muscat , Sultanate of Oman
Contact: Dennys Frenez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Who?ICOMOS Serbia and Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
What?Round Table: “Education and Architectural Heritage”
When? April 18, 2013
Where? The Round table will be organized at the Faculty of Architecture, in the building of the Faculty ofEngineering of the University of Belgrade, built from 1925 to 1931, according to the project ofNikola Nestorovic and Branko Tanazevic. It was the first building specially designed forengineering faculties in Serbia and recognized as a cultural property
Contact: Branka Sekaric, President of ICOMOS Serbia, email@example.com
Who? ICOMOS PERU with different partners (see below)
- Photo exhibition organized in collaboration with PETROPERU. The name of the event is "World Heritage of Education". The place is the Cultural Center of PETROPERU (Av. Canaval y Moreyra, 150, San Isidro, Lima). It was inaugurated on April 4th and will be open until 25th April (free entrance). Download the invitation
- Special day for visiting the photo exhibition: in coordination with the main Universities of Lima, and other organizations, we are organizing for the Day of the Monuments many groups of students visiting the Photo Exhibition (all the day)
- Conference: The Day of the Monuments and the heritage of education. Place: Museum of the Central Reserve Bank of Peru. It will be held on 18th April, from 18:00 to 21:00. (Jr. Antonio Miro Quesada 442-445, Historic Center of Lima)
- Popular Photo contest "Day of the Monuments 2013: walking photo marathon in Lima Historic Center (WHS), with the support of PETROPERU and the Sub-Direction on Tourism of the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima.
- Central commemoration act in the Congress of the Republic of Peru: the central act for the Day of the Monuments will be held in the Porras Barrenechea Chamber of the Congress of the Republic of Peru under the patronage of the President of the Congress, Congressman Victor Isla Rojas. The act will be held on May 14 (due to the schedule of Mr. Isla) and will include: the official presentation of the Bill of Act declaring formally 18 of April as the International Day of the Monuments and the Day of the Peruvian Cultural Heritage, a recognition ceremony in honour to the Honorary President of ICOMOS Peru, Arch. Víctor Pimentel Gurmendi, and speeches by prominent specialists on the issue "heritage of education" in Peru. The same day it will be inaugurated a photo exhibition on Balsa Puerto, a rock art area in the Region Loreto, Amazon Basis, where ICOMOS Peru will develop a project to enhance the area and study its possibilities to be considered as a WHS
- Additionally ICOMOS Peru is coordinating press conferences and interviews in the main communication media to diffuse the importance of the Day of the Monuments and Sites.
Contact: Alberto Martorell, PresidentICOMOS Peru, firstname.lastname@example.org
La Decana de la Facultad de Arquitectura, elJefe del Departamento Académico de Arquitecturay la Directora del Programa Académico deArquitectura tienen el agrado de invitar a usted
What? Conferencias que se realizarán en conmemoracióndel Día Internacional de los Monumentos
- Dr. Ing. Nicola Masini, Università di Basilicata, Italia: Conservación del patrimonioarquitectónico: enfoques metodológicos ynuevas tecnologías de diagnóstico
- Dra. rq. Olga Keiko Mendoza Shimada Ph.D, UNIFÉ—Universidad de Ritsumeikán, Japón:
- El patrimonio cultural y los desastres sísmicos
Where and When?Jueves 18 de abril de 2013, 10:00 am, Lugar: Sala Cubero, Pabellón Cubero 2º piso. Campus UNIFÉ.Ingreso libre
Who ? Patrimonio y Sitios
Esta actividad académica es posible por la generosa participación de los mencionados profesionales, con el auspicio de la Universidad Antonio Ruiz de Montoya y la Universidad Femenina del Sagrado Corazón, y está dirigido a estudiantes así como profesionales interesados por la preservación del Patrimonio Cultural.
What? Este 2013, ICOMOS ha sugerido que el tema alrededor del cual se centren las conmemoraciones, sea la Educación y Patrimonio. Siguiendo esta recomendación, [P+S] Patrimonio y Sitios, equipo integrado por miembros del Comité Peruano de ICOMOS, organiza por octavo año consecutivo la conmemoración del Día de Monumento en el Perú bajo estas pautas.
When? martes 16 y viernes 19 de abril
Where? Auditorio de la Universidad Antonio Ruiz de Montoya
Avenida Paso de los Andes N° 970, Pueblo Libre.
Download invitation and leafletwith full programme
Who?Ecovida y Universo email@example.com
What? Viviendo la historia (Living our history)
Tendremos un recorrido a través de algunos monumentos y sitios históricos de nuestra ciudad de Lima. En este recorrido conoceremos la historia y el valor de estos lugares y dejaremos que ellos mismos nos terminen de contar su historia a través de nuestros sentidos, es decir: "viviremos la historia".
When? 14 April
Where? Lima, Perú
Contacts and further information:firstname.lastname@example.org
Who? Ecovida y Universo
What?Monumentos y SItios: Nuestra Historia vive (Monuments and Sites: Our History Lives)
Este jueves 18 de abril celebramos el Día Internacional de Monumentos y Sitios con una serie de charlas sobre temas relacionados a nuestro patrimonio cultural e histórico y su relación con la educación, la cual se iniciarán a las 18 horas (6 p.m.)
When? 18th April 2013 6:00pm until 9:00pm in UTC-05
Where? Lima, Perú, Av. Aviación 2344 oficina 202. San Borja. Frente a la Estación de la Cultura del Metro. A una cuadra del cruce de las Avenidas Aviación y Javier Prado.
What?Heritage tour of 2 universities in Manila, the University of Sto.Tomas, the oldest university in the Philippines and the Far Eastern University, one of the best campuses with Art Deco buildings.
“Heritage of Education in the Philippines”
ICOMOS Philippines will be having a heritage tour of the University of Sto. Tomas (UST) and the Far Eastern University (FEU). These 2 universities best exemplify “Heritage of Education in the Philippines”, noted for its valuable collection of cultural assets and best practices on architectural conservation.
University of Sto. Tomas 1:00-3:00pm (UST Museum, UST Archives, Walking Tour of the Campus)
Far Eastern University 3:30-5:30pm (Walking Tour of the Campus)
The guided tours will be facilitated by Arch. Clarissa Avenda?o (Professor, UST College of Architecture),Regalado Trota Jose (Director of the UST Archives), and Martin Lopez (Director of the FEU President’s Committee on Culture and Alumni Affairs).
When ?April 27, 2013, Saturday from 1-5:30pm.
Contact:Tracey Santiago, Head of Secretariat, ICOMOS Philippines, email@example.com
Who ? ICOMOS Poland, under the patronage of General Conservator of Poland
What?Scientific conference "Valuing of architectural heritage".We have 200 participants, 20 contributions.
When ? 15-16 April
Where ? Wilanów Castle in Warsaw
Contact:Bogus?aw Szmygin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Qui?Parmi plus de 300 organizations pour la celebration du 18 avril au Portugal, soutenues par ICOMOS Portugal en partenariat avec le Gouvernement Portugais, par le biais de la Direction Génèrale du Parimoine Culturel Portugais
Quoi? Nous soulignons le colloque officiel du 18 avril qui aura lieu pendant toute la journée a Coimbra, au Colège des Jésuites de l'Université et qui est une organization de l'ICOMOS Portugal et de la Direction Générale du Patrimoine Culturel. Dans ce colloque nous signalons aussi les 5 siècles de la bibliothèque Générale de cette Université (1513-2013).
Ce colloque présentera et discutera par ailleurs les plus récentes interventions en édifices de l'éducation ayant valeur patrimonial, dont une qui vient d'être distinguée par le prix Europa Nostra 2013 au Lycée Passos Manuel a Lisbonne.
Le 18 avril implique plus de trois mil personnes qui un peu par tout le pays travaillerons pour la fête et la sensibilization du patrimoine culturel de l'éducation!
Contact :Ana Paula Amendoeira, Présidente ICOMOS Portugal, email@example.com
What?Qatar National Committee General Assembly meeting
- Distribution of the members cards,
- Discussion of ICOMOS activities,
- Celebrating 18th April- the International Day for Monuments and Sites- workshop on Preservation of al Zubarah archaeological site and fort.
- Election of the Executive Board.
When ? April 18, 2013 at 11:00 a.m
Contact: Sultan Muhesen (Chairman), ICOMOS Qatar firstname.lastname@example.org
Who ? ICOMOS Romania jointly with the University of Architecture and Urbanism “Ion Mincu”-Bucharest
What ?A conference gathering the administrators of the educational historic monuments of Bucharest (32 monuments comprising prestigious universities, faculties, high schools, public libraries), students and ICOMOS members. The Minister of Culture and the Minister of Education are invited. The Conference will be the opportunity to emphasize upon the need to bind education with the preservation of monuments. A student poster competition for this subject was initiated last week by the Faculty of Architecture “Learn from the past while looking towards the future - Who we are without cultural heritage?”
When ?18 April
Contact: Sergiu Nistor, President of ICOMOS Romania, email@example.com
$1- Article in Seychelles major newspapers on the importance of the built educationalheritage in Seychelles.
$1- Announcement in the same article of ICOMOS Seychelles’ plans to open an Exhibition Centre in collaboration with the Seychelles Heritage Foundation and the SeychellesNational Arts Council to promote traditional architecture including the traditional architecturalfeatures,often of granite building materials,of schools and colleges in Seychelles.
Contact:Patrick Nanty, Presidentof ICOMOS Seychelles,firstname.lastname@example.org
Who? ICOMOS Spain
What?Visit to the archaelogical Site of "Las Pilillas" in Requena (Valencia). Visita al yacimiento arqueológico de "Las Pilillas" en conmemoración del Día Internacional de Monumentos y Sitios.
Qui? Organisation de défense du patrimoine de Madrid, "Madrid Ciudadanía y Patrimonio",
Quoi? A l'occasion de la Journée Internationale des Monuments et des Sites, va organiser deux tables de débat sur les changes que vont être faites dans les lois de protection, le 15 Avril à l'Ateneo (Madrid), et une visite guidée le 18 Avril, dans laquelle on verra des maisons tipiques de Madrid en danger, et des sites arqueologiques au centre ville, qu'ont êté partiallement "recuperés" a la même fois que detruits. Les tîtres des rencontres sont: "Patrimonio: Lo Legal y lo Real; La Ley del Patrimonio Histórico y el Plan General de Ordenación Urbana"
Où ? Madrid
Quand ?18 April 2013
Qui ? L'association "Amics de la UNESCO de Girona" de la ville de Girona (Catalogne, Espagne) , Avec la collaboration de la Mairie de la Ville et de la Fondation Rafael Masó.
Quoi ?Conférence “El Noucentisme no va ser el culpable”
Conférencier: Dr. Jordi Falgàs, historicien et directeur de la Fundació Rafael Masó
Quand ?le 18 avril 2013, 19:30
Où? Sala Miquel Diumé de la Mairie de Girona.
Contact: Maria-Dolors Reig-Garganta, email@example.com
Who? Servicios de Conservación y Restauración, Jardines y Bosques y el de Investigación y Difusión del Patronato de la Alhambra y Generalife.
What? Alhambra – special visits , photographic competition - http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/La-Ciudad-Palatina/32/0/
Alhambra celebra el Día Internacional de los Monumentos y Sitios, que tendrá lugar el próximo 18 de abril, con la apertura de diferentes espacios del recinto monumental nazarí, que podrán visitarse de manera excepcional, y con un concurso fotográfico, en el que los Jardines de la Alhambra serán protagonistas.
Será una jornada festiva en la que la población local tendrá la oportunidad de acercarse a su Patrimonio más cercano.Para todos los espacios se organizarán visitas guiadas por especialistas para las que será imprescindible apuntarse previamente.
Los interesados en participar en esta actividad podrán hacerlo a través de lasoficinas que el Patronato de la Alhambra y Generalife tiene abiertas en el Corral del Carbón. Las plazas son limitadas hasta completar el aforo previsto para esta jornada.
Programa (Visitas Guiadas por Especialistas)
- Visitas a la Silla del Moro
-Visitas a la Torre de la Cautiva
- Visita a la Torre de las Infantas
- Visitas Jardines del Generalife
- Visitas Carmen de los Catalanes
Contact and further information: http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/Actividades-especiales/1264/0/
Who?Zanzibar Stone Town Heritage Society
What?Visits to monuments and sites with school students in the Zanzibar Stone Town. We shall have lectures concerning preservation of our heritage to students and the public in general.
Contact :Mohammed Mugheiry, Chairperson, Zanzibar Stone Town Heritage Society<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Who? ICOMOS Trinidad and Tobago in collaboration with CITIZENS FOR CONSERVATION
What? A meeting of members and friends, featuring presentations by two of our members:
- Jalaludin Khan- Freetown Project Museum
-Liam Boodoo- The Reform Village School and Mandir
Where and When? 17th April 2013 at 5:30pm, Medulla Gallery, Fitt St , Woodbrook POS
Other activities include.
- A series of articles in the Trinidad Guardian Newspaper, one every day from 14th April -20th April. . Featuring Historic educational buildings and facilities. 11 sites will be featured over this period
- There will be an article in the 20th April, Catholic News on the Restoration of the Cathedral of The Immaculate Conception.
- Television Interview on 18th April at 6:45am, CNC3, Local TV channel
Qui ? ICOMOS Tunisie
Quoi ? 18 avril 2013 : Séminaire organisé en collaboration avec l’Ecole Nationale d’Architecture et d’Urbanisme (ENAU) de Tunis sur le thème : « Le patrimoine de l’éducation en Tunisie de l’Antiquité à nos jours »
Quand ? 16 mai 2013 : Journée organisée en collaboration avec l’Association de la Sauvegarde de la Médina (ASM) de Tunis comportant 2 volets :
- un colloque national sue le thème : les zaouias et leur rôle dans l’éducation
- une exposition sur le patrimoine architectural soufi en Tunisie.
Contact : Mustapha Khanoussi, Président d’ICOMOS Tunisie, email@example.com
Who ? ICOMOS Turkey
What? Two separate events are going to take place in Ankara and Izmir, Turkey.
The initial event is a seminar entitled "Heritage of Education / Education of Heritage" that will take place on April 18th, 2013 at Middle East Technical University, Ankara. The seminar is composed of two sequential sessions under the themes of "Heritage of education: remembering the educational heritage" and "Education of heritage: understanding today" and a panel called "Designing the future".
Download the poster
The second event includes a thematic presentation and an art exhibition that will be held on the same day at the Dokuz Eylul University in Izmir. This event aims raise awareness among primary and secondary-school students about the significance of the historic built environment and to highlight the importance of historic educational buildings.
Download the poster
Contact and further information : Prof Dr Iclal Dincer, General Secretary of ICOMOS Turkey, firstname.lastname@example.org
ICOMOS International Scientific Committees (ISCs)
Who? Vernacular Architecture Committee of ICOMOS Mexico
What ?The Vernacular Architecture Committee of ICOMOS Mexico will celebrate 18 April with an event in a rural village.Romelia Gama and Jaime Silva, architects, both members of the local vernacular architecture committee, are organizing an event in Tlaxmalácatl, Huitzuco Municipality, in Guerrero State.
In this place there is a building from the around 1920 which was the first school of the village and now lodge the local archeological and historical museum. The vernacular building has been very well preserved. Unfortunatly in our country there is no law to protect vernacular architecture for all kind of architectural types. Because of this situation and in order to raise public and authorities awareness, we decided to give emphasis to both kind of heritage: the educational type and at the same time the vernacular buildings.
The local authorities will support the event organization. The students of all levels and local inhabitants will assist to the celebration, which will take place in different places the whole day. They will appreciate the exhibition of photographs which has been done with the collaboration of others members of the Committee.
From Yucatan PhD. Aurelio Sánchez Suárez have sent several photographs which belongs to the Mayan Area in Yucatan, which illustrate several open public spaces locally called: “ramadas” and “tablados” that normally are used for traditional festivals called “vaquerías”, but also has been used for religious teaching cult. There is plenty of information related to the traditional technical construction systems.
From Xochitlan, on the North part of the Puebla State, Ph.D Gerardo Torres, (also a member of CIAV), have sent very important vernacular examples in photographs and text, that show a rural and traditional architecture of a local musical school where they teach the children to play the “huasteco son” and the “huapango”, both musical local and regional traditions. Some others photographs present the rural vernacular building for the primary school still in use.
Contact : Valeria Prieto email@example.com
Le centre de documentation de l’ICOMOS est spécialisé dans la restauration et la conservation du patrimoine culturel immobilier (patrimoine bâti, monuments et sites historiques). Le fonds documentaire comporte aujourd’hui :
- 16 500 titres à partir desquels 38 500 références bibliographiques ont été indexées, et concernant la plupart des pays du monde
- Plus de 400 périodiques régulièrement reçus par échange
- 30 000 diapositives, photos et plans
- Les dossiers d'inscription originaux des biens de la liste du Patrimoine Mondial de l'UNESCO.
Bonne Journée Internationale des Monuments et des Sites !
Le thème des célébrations 2012 est « le Patrimoine mondial »
« Le patrimoine est l’héritage du passé dont nous profitons aujourd’hui et que nous transmettons aux générations à venir. Nos patrimoines culturel et naturel sont deux sources irremplaçables de vie et d’inspiration. Des lieux aussi extraordinaires et divers que les étendues sauvages du parc national de Serengeti en Afrique orientale, les Pyramides d’Egypte, la Grande Barrière d’Australie et les cathédrales baroques d’Amérique latine constituent le patrimoine de notre monde.
Ce qui rend exceptionnel le concept de patrimoine mondial est son application universelle. Les sites du patrimoine mondial appartiennent à tous les peuples du monde, sans tenir compte du territoire sur lequel ils sont situés.
L’Organisation des Nations Unies pour l’éducation, la science et la culture (UNESCO) encourage l’identification, la protection et la préservation du patrimoine culturel et naturel à travers le monde considéré comme ayant une valeur exceptionnelle pour l’humanité. Cela fait l’objet d’un traité international intitulé Convention concernant la protection du patrimoine mondial, culturel et naturel , adopté par l’UNESCO en 1972. »
© Centre du Patrimoine Mondial
Photo: © John Roberts