18 Avril 2013 - Events [Événements]
List of countries:
Albania - Andorra - Argentina - Armenia - Australia - Azerbaïjan - Bosnia & Herzegovina - Bulgaria - Canada - China - Costa Rica - Croatia - Cuba - Czech Republic [République tchèque] - Dominican Republic - Germany - Greece - Honduras - Hungary - India - Iran - Ireland - Italy - Korea - Lithuania - Luxembourg - Macedonia - Madagascar - Montenegro - Nepal - Oman - Peru - Philippines - Poland - Portugal - Qatar - Romania - Serbia - Seychelles - Spain - South Africa - Tanzania - Trinidad and Tobago - Tunisia - Turkey
Who ? The Regional Directorate of National Culture; The Office for the Management and Coordination of the historical centre of Gjirokastra; The Economic Department of the Faculty of Social Sciences "Eqrem Çabej" in Gjirokastra; The Tourist Service Regional Office for the District of Gjirokastra; ICOMOS Albania; The Office for Information and Tourism Development in the city of Gjirokastra; The Office for the Management and Coordination of the Archaeological Park of Antigonea
What? Programme including a conference and different activities around the subject of “The Heritage and the development of tourism in the district of Gjirokastra: from the perspective of students in Tourism”
When? 18 April 2013
Where? Antigonea park near Gjirokastra
Contact and further information:
Antigonea Park : http://antigonea-en.kk5.org/
Qui ? ICOMOS Andorre, avec le soutien du Ministère de la Culture, du Ministère de l'Éducation et de la Jeunesse, et de l'Ordre des Architectes d'Andorre
Quoi ? Table Ronde sous le titre "Le Patrimoine de l'Éducation en Andorre".
Cette Table Ronde avec quatre participants, dont deux membres de notre Comité, souhaite offrir un regard transversal sur le Patrimoine de l'Éducation que les deux derniers siècles nous en légué tout en recherchant bien avant dans notre histoire bien que des témoins immobiliers ne nous soient pas parvenus de ces temps plus reculés. L'année 2013 coïncide en Andorre avec le 30ème anniversaire de la création de l'École Andorrane ce qui ajoute un plus très intéressant. Cette Table Ronde se déroulera dans un centre d'enseignement pour justement renforcer la vocation de l'événement. La formule Table Ronde a été retenue pour qu'un riche débat puisse avoir lieu après les quatre présentations.
Quand ? 18 avril 2013
Où ? 19:30, Escola Andorrana, Av. Fiter i Rossell, Escaldes-Engordany
Who ? ICOMOS Argentina junto a la Facultad de Arquitectura y Diseño de la Universidad Católica de La Plata y CAPBA Distrito 1/ ICOMOS Argentina with the Faculty of Architecture and Design of the Catholic University of La Plata and CAPBA Distrito 1
LATINOAMERICANAS PATRIMONIO y DESARROLLO, En adhesión al 40º Aniversario de ICOMOS Argentina y al Día Internacional de los Monumentos y los Sitios/ 2nd Latin American Days on Heritage and Developpment, in celebration of the 40th anniversary of ICOMOS Argentina and the International Day on Monuments and Sites
When ? 17 al 20 de abril de 2013/ 17-20 April 2013
Where ? Facultad de Arquitectura y Diseño, Universidad Católica de La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Qui? ICOMOS Armenia
- Diffusion du Communiqué de presse aux principaux médias arméniens
- Lettre circulaire adressé aux Ministères de la Culture et de l’Éducation d’Arménie sur le message du 18 avril et sur le thème «Patrimoine de l’éducation»
- Nettoyage au jet d’eau de quelques écoles de la ville de Erévan inscrite sur la Liste du patrimoine national, avec le soutien du Ministère de l’éducation et de la Municipalité de la ville de Erévan
- Organisation de nettoyage des sites archéologiques avec le soutien du Ministère de la Défense
- Production de l’affiche publicitaire consacrée au 18 avril
- Exposition «Mémoire de la terre : Artsakh» consacrée aux études archéologiques de la République de Haute Karabakh, ouverture le 18 avril à 12:00, Site-musée archéologique d’Erebuni, 020, Erévan, 38, rue Erebuni, www.erebuni.am
Who? Australia ICOMOS,
What? Guided Tour and Seminar “18 April 2013 - The Heritage of Education”
When? 18 April 2013
Where? The Muse, Building C, entrance via 695 Harris Street, Sydney TAFE Ultimo
Contact and further information: Kerime Danis,
Who?The Union of Architects of The Republic of Azerbaijan, with among other the Institute of Architecture and Art under the National Academy of Sciences, the University of Architecture and Construction, the Administration of the State Historical-Architectural Reserve "Icherisheher" (World Heritage Site-Walled city of Baku) under the Cabinet of Ministries of Azerbaijan
What? Our Union plans to celebrate the International Day of Monuments and Sites. We also plan to organize several related events (information sessions for high school and university students about the value of heritage, importance of their preservation, activity of ICOMOS, printing of brochures and posters), as well as holding a closing conference.
When? 18 April 2013
Who? ICOMOS Bosnia and Herzegovina in cooperation with the Faculty of Pedagogy in Sarajevo
What? Round table session "Cultural and Historical Heritage and Education"
Keynote speakers are renowned experts and activists working in the field of education, museology and urban development.
When? 18 April 2013 at 9:00
Where? Faculty of Pedagogy in Sarajevo
Download detailed programme and invitaiton.
Who? ICOMOS Bulgaria, in cooperation with the Union of Architects of Bulgaria
What? Conference with the following programme
- Mr Stefan Belishki - Competences for access to the conservation-restoration profession
- Mr Julian Raychev - The stained glass of Ivan Penkov in the Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski"
- arch. Yavor Bankov - Possibilities of the National Museum of Bulgarian architecture as a means of education
- arch. Gabriela Semova-Koleva - Announcing the annual award of the Architectural Heritage Association at the Union of Architects in Bulgaria for graduation projects in architecture
When ? 18 April 2013
Who? Qui ? ICOMOS Canada est partenaire d'Héritage Montréal qui, avec le concours des pouvoirs publics, rassemble chaque année un groupe d'institutions et d'organismes en lien avec le thème pour souligner cette journée à Montréal par des activités
What? Quoi ? Voir programme :
FR: http://www.heritagemontreal.org/fr/18-avril-2013-journee-internationale-des-monuments-et-sites/ENG: http://www.heritagemontreal.org/en/april-18th-2013-international-day-for-monuments-and-sites/
Who? ICOMOS China and partners
What? We have issued a call of action to all our institutional members, published the news on our website, and published an article introducing this year’s theme in “The Chinese Cultural Heritage Press”, the most popular newspaper in the field of cultural heritage in China. The article has also been included on the official website of the State Administration of Cultural Heritage.
The annual Wuxi Forum was held on 10 April, sponsored by the State Administration of Cultural Heritage, co-organized by ICOMOS China, Jiangsu Provincial Bureau of Cultural Heritage and Wuxi City, with the theme: “Conservation and use of cultural heritage – striving for the right balance in development”. Almost 100 participants from most of the provincial departments of cultural heritage and major universities and institutions attended the event, discussing the theory and practice of how to protect cultural heritage and use it in a sustainable way to benefit both the present generation and generations to come.
The following are some other events organized by our members:
ICOMOS International Conservation Center Xi'an (IICC-X)
- Beihai Park- Beijing
A lecture by Guo Zhan, ICOMOS Vice President, on World Heritage, for about 50 senior staff from Beihai Park, Jingshan Park and Zhongshan Park (two royal parks and one imperial altar).
On this occasion, a photography exhibition on the theme will be inaugurated at Beihai Park, open to the general public.
- Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Museum-Hohhot
An event with the title “Touching the civilization of prairie through the interpretation of archaeological sites”, which includes a lecture on the subject “Inherit the culture, the heritage of education”, and interactions between the museum staff and the audience after the lecture. The museum will organize a Treasure Hunt for its visitors and will present a prize to the winner. Meanwhile, the host will illustrate the pictures of historic relics which have been found in the game and ask related questions in order to engage the visitors in the museum.
- Ming Xiaoling Museum (museum of an imperial tomb of the Ming Dynasty) - Nanjing, Jiangsu Province
Several events will be held in the Ming Xiaoling Museum on the International Day on Monuments and Sites. In addition, a public lecture entitled “Sun Quan, the Wu Emperor” will be held on Xiaolingwei Street. A lecture related to cultural heritage entitled “Sun Quan and Meihua Mountain” will be held at the Nanjing Institute of Industrial Technology.
Who? ICOMOS Costa Rica, in partnership with other institutions
What? Activities in three places over three days - Download full programme
However, research and activities on the theme "The Heritage of Education" will continue during the whole year.
In May, we will be participating in the Congress “Sustainability, Heritage and Education” organized by the Costarican College of Architects. This conference involves four ICOMOS representatives: Christer Gustafsson (Sweden), Daniel Young (Panama), Alfredo Conti (Argentina) and Patricia Fumero (Costa Rica)
Who? ICOMOS Croatia and University of Rijeka
What? As part of the one-day conference series “Dialogues with Heritage” (Dijalozi s bastinom), the third conference is entitled “Recognition of Values” (Prepoznavanje vrijednosti)
When? 17 April 2013.
Where? University of Rijeka
Contact and further information: http://www.icomos-hrvatska.hr/
Who? ICOMOS Cuba, in coordination with the Ministry of Culture
What? A meeting inviting cultural personalities and giving annual prizes including two sponsored by ICOMOS Cuba, one for restoration and a second for the conservation of the Cuban cultural heritage. The President of the jury this year has been our colleague Dr. Daniel Taboada, President of Honour of ICOMOS Cuba.
Who? ICOMOS Czech Republic, together with the Association of Historical Settlements in Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia, the Office of the President of the Republic, Prague Castle Administration and other cultural and political organisations
What? The Ceremonial Session is held in the Spanish Hall of Prague Castle. About 600 people will participate and the President of ICOMOS Czech Republic will give one of the welcome speeches.
The laureates of the competition “Historical Town of the Year - prizes for the best preparation and implementation of the Regeneration Programmes of Conservation Areas and Conservation Zones 2012” will be announced.
In addition, ICOMOS Czech Republic will organize a public conference with the support of the National Heritage Institute and other cultural institutions on the subject : “Monuments of Teaching and Education" with the contributions of our best experts.
The Programme is as follows:
- "Nostic Library – An Authentic Stand of the Aristocratic Education and Culture"
- "Strahov Monastery Library – The Legacy of Monastic Science and Education"
- "Clementinum and its Importance as the Seat of University Education and the Center of Baroque Culture".
When? 18 April 2013
ICOMOS Dominican Republic published a poster to celebrate the International Day – Download
What? Expert meeting: “Jewish Cemeteries in Central and Eastern Europe, World Heritage Proposal”, International Meeting of Experts,
When? 17-19 April 2013 in Berlin. With the participation of ICOMOS members from Germany, Hungary and Poland.
What? Book presentation: "World Heritage - Constantine Basilica in Trier"
When? on 16.04.2013 at 18:00 clock in the Konstantinbasilka Trier.
The Konstantinbasilka in Trier with its unique exterior Roman mural painting belongs to the most important Roman remains in Trier and is part of the UNESCO World Heritage List. In the context of the on-going conservation measures, the University of Applied Science and the Arts, the Directorate General for Cultural Heritage of the Rhineland-Palatinate and ICOMOS Germany had organisedan international meeting from7 - 9 April 2011. The 16 papers published in the proceedings focus on the conservation challenges faced in dealing with the murals of the Konstantinbasilkaand expand our view on mural restoration and presentation methods in Europe.
Who? ICOMOS Hellenic within the framework of celebrating and promoting the International Day for Monuments and Sites, has organized a number of events in collaboration with other organizations such as the National TechnicalUniversity of Athens (NTUA), the Association of GreekArchaeologists(SAR), the MOnuMENTA, the Club for UNESCO of the departments of PiraeusandIslands and the Committee of residents of Plato'sAcademy.
- ICOMOS Hellenic has printed a poster depicting the building of the National Technical University of Athens and the surrounding district in the beginning of the 19th Century.
- Together with the other co-organizers we have recorded and documented all educational monuments in Greece so as to protect them and make them known to the public.
- Upon the initiative of the Ephorate of Prehistoric and Classical Antiquities in Thesprotia, and with the support of Hellenic ICOMOS, a poster was created on: “Heritage and Education. A challenge and an occasion for pupils to meet the old schools buildings of Thesprotia”, and school buildings of the 19th and 20th century in the area were gathered in printed material and digital form
- Several bodies (public and private) are organizing in Sparta (Peloponnese) an event entitled: “The first public educational buildings in Sparta”. Similar initiatives will take place all over Greece, especially for the awareness-raising of teenagers in the protection and preservation of educational monuments.
- On Monday, (15/4), a scientific event will be held entitled: “The CulturalHeritage of Education.GreekEducation (paedeusis)” (NTUA Hallevents), Averof building,42 Patission Str., Athens). The presentations will deal with issues regarding the Hellenic heritage of education.
- On Sunday (14/4) ICOMOS Hellenic organized a very successful guided tour in Plato’s Academy, followed by an artistic event with the Mixed Choir of the National TechnicalUniversity of Athens (NTUA)
Who? ICOMOS Honduras
What?Since August of 2012, ICOMOS Honduras has organized a workgroup with the Committee for the Safeguard of the Historic Town of Tegucigalpa-Comayagüela, the capital city of Honduras. During the month of April we are undertaking a series of talks in the only two public universities and also three private universities directed at the students in the majors of architecture, fine arts, anthropology and social sciences in general. Therefore, in these talks we have included the discussion of charters and guidelines addressing the topic and good practices promoted by ICOMOS. At the same time we are using the opportunity to raise awareness for the 2013 theme, Heritage of Education, of the International Day on Monuments and Sites. The universities are the following:
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras (public)
Universidad Pedagógica Nacional Francisco Morazán (public)
Universidad José Cecilio del Valle (private)
Universidad Tecnológica Centroamericana (private)
Centro de Diseño, Arquitectura y Construcción (private)
Qui ? ICOMOS Hongrie
Quoi? En l’occasion du 30eme anniversaire de la Journée Mondiale des Monuments et des Sites, Séance solennelle d’une journée sous le titre « Les possibilités de la société et de la conservation des monuments en temps de crise ». Cette séance solennelle comportera deux parties:
- La première, dédiée à la Célébration de la Journée Mondiale, sera saluée par les mots du président de ICOMOS, M. Araoz (lettre lue), et par le président de ICOMOS Hongrie, Gergely Nagy,
- suivie par de brèves salutations et lectures des représentants du Ministère de l’Intérieur hongrois, le Ministère des Ressources Humaines hongrois, le Centre Gyula Forster pour le Patrimoine, et le Ministère de l’Administration Publique et de la Justice.
Suivront les remises de Prix décernés par ICOMOS Hongrie: les Prix ICOMOS Hongrie 2013, les Prix „Citron” 2013, et pour la première fois, les Prix „Pour l’entretien exemplaire d’héritage”.
La deuxième partie de cette journée sera une réunion scientifique, divisé en deux parties:
- La première partie aura pour thème: Le système de coopération des institutions nationales: devoirs et possibilités, présidée par M. Géza Entz - avec 5 lectures prévues
- La deuxième partie aura pour thème: les possibilités qu’ont la conservation des monuments et la société en temps de cris, méthodes et possibilités, présidée par M. Gergely Nagy – avec 6 lectures prévues.
Quand ? Le 18 avril 2013,
Who lCOMOS India
- Inaugural event of the ICOMOS India Lecture Series at the National Museum in New Delhi
- Movie screening and discussion on protecting the “Urban Heritage of Bangalore” at the Indian Institute for Human Settlements at Bangalore City Campus
- Celebrations at Historic 0smania University of Hyderabad.
Who ? SVCA in collaboration with INTACH Hyderabad
What ? Student design competition on 'adaptive re-use of Mehboob mansion in Hyderabad' a 110 year old monument of Nizam times. The jury is being held on 12 April and results will be declared on 18 April, in celebration of the International Day of Monuments and Sites.
Contact: Pingali Naga Praveen
Who ?ICOMOS Iran
- 18 April Declaration “The heritage of education” by Ms. N. Malek
- An introduction to “The heritage of education” by Prof. M. Hodjat (President of ICOMOS Iran)
- “The School garden” by Prof. H. Behbahani
When?April 15, 2013 from 3:00-5:00 pm
Also our monthly lectures will continue on the subject of the heritage of education throughout the year.
Who? ICOMOS Ireland and partners (see for each event below)
* Dublin: Sustaining our Built Environment - review of the State of Conservation Education and Training in Ireland
ICOMOS Ireland, through its Education and Training National Scientific Committee, is organising a networking conference with keynote speaker Dr Jukka Jokilehto, former president and Honorary member ICOMOS International Training Committee. Using the ICOMOS Ireland review of 2009, Sustaining our Built Environment, A Review of the State of Conservation Education and Training in Ireland, it will evaluate current education and training provision while linking this global theme of cultural heritage skills development to our local and national realities. This event is by invitation only.
*Galway: Secret Landscapes: The Upland Archaeology of the Northern Slieve Aughty - Kilchreest/Castledaly Community Archaeology Project.
This community archaeology project is being promoted by Christy Cunniffe, Galway Field Monument Advisor in partnership with the Kilchreest/Castledaly community. The Field Monument Advisor Programme is an initiative of The Heritage Council and the Heritage Office of Galway County Council. Newly discovered archaeological monuments in the uplands of Kilchreest date from the Bronze Age right through to the 19th century material will be visited. The event will be officially launched by the Mayor of County Galway, Mr Tom Welby at 3.30 in Woodville Walled Garden, Kilchreest, Co Galway and will be followed by a presentation on the Growing Importance and Significance of Communuity Archaeology by Maggie Roynane, Lecturer in Archaeology at NUI Galway. All welcome.
*Roscommon: Loughnaneane Park Primary Schools Education Pack – explore Roscommon Castle
ICOMOS Ireland in conjunction with Roscommon County Council have invited all primary schools in the county to visit Roscommon Castle on the 18 April to explore this 13th century castle using the Loughnaneane Park Primary schools education pack.
In recognition of International Day of Monuments and Sites, the Heritage Unit of Cork County Council will give a talk and tour on the day at one of the fantastic heritage site's in its ownership - Bridgetown Abbey, near Castletownroche.
Date/Time Thursday 18th April at 15:00
Event: Bridgetown Abbey - An Educational Tour by County Archaeologist Mary Sleeman
Location: Bridgetown Abbey, Castletownroche
Event Organised By: Cork County Council's Heritage Unit
For More Information: contact the Heritage Unit on 021 4276891
When ? 18 April
For further information: See ICOMOS Ireland website
Who ? ICOMOS Italy, Comune di Firenze and Fondazione Romualdo Del Bianco - Life Beyond Tourism
What ? The International Day of Monuments and Sites - ICOMOS is the occasion to stimulate a reflection on the importance of the educational value of cultural heritage and the use of new technologies related to teaching.
The event will start at 9:30 at the Auditorium al Duomo with the objective to share between the institutions and the citizens those initiatives that are centred on the interaction between the cultural heritage, the education and the awareness. Will be present at the event, together with the promoters, ICCROM, the Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic for the Tuscan Region, the Centro UNESCO di Firenze ONLUS, the Angeli del Bello Foundation, the Cattedra UNESCO – Università di Firenze, Department of Architecture, the Teatro della Pergola Foundation, the Museo dei Ragazzi Association, the Museo Stibbert, the Museo Casa di Dante, the SS. Annunziata Foundation of Empoli – Scuola associata UNESCO, ARCA – Amici della Repubblica Ceca Associati.
During the whole day, the Auditorium al Duomo will open its space to the citizens that will have the opportunity to participate to the meetings, to see the exposition desks and the information corners, in order to create an interaction between institutions and the participants.
Auditorium al Duomo Foyer: Exhibition of the 30 best images that took part in the photo contest SNAPSHOT ON FLORENCE (No profit Portal Life Beyond Tourism) and official ceremony for the awarding of the 3 best pictures.
When? Thursday April 18th 2013, 9:30 – 19:30
Where? Palazzo Vecchio – Piazza Signoria / Auditorium al Duomo – Via de’ Cerretani 54/r
Contact and further information:
What ?Symposium partially to celebrate the International Day of Monuments and Sites.Hae Un Rii, President of ICOMOS Korea will give a keynote speech on the theme of the Heritage of Education.
When? April 18-19, 2013
Where? Pil-Am Seowon (Private Confucian Academy in Joseon Dynasty), Jangseong-Gun, Jeollanam-do, Republic of Korea. The official language is Korean
Who?ICOMOS Lithuania together with the Department of Cultural Heritage and Kaunas Region Municipality
What? The event dedicated to the 18 April will take place in the historic area – the restored manor and park of Raudondvaris near the city of Kaunas.
Some lectures will be held, the nominations of the best projects-realisations in restoration (architecture, urban landscape, mural painting, etc. ) as well as nominations for the best archaeological works will be presented.
The event will finish with group photo and an excursion to the manor, park, church and museum.
Qui ? ICOMOS Luxembourg.
Quoi ? Emission à la radio socio-culturelle le matin du 18 avril à 7h35.
Who? ICOMOS Macedonia in cooperation with the Institute of Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Seismology (IZIIS) from Macedonia, and the Companies - REFIX from Austria and SINTEK from Macedonia.
What ? International seminar on "Usage ofnew materialsandtechnologiesfor theconservationof monuments andhistoric buildings- transfer ofknowledge andeducation of staff":
- Introduction speech - Mr. Predrag Gavrilovic;
- Review of the REFIKSlimemortar/repairandrestorationsystems - Mr. Martin Ep, Austria;
- Natural Hydraulic Lime mortars/systems - Mr. Dino Berginc, Slovenia;
- Practical application of limemortars/systems - Mr. Dino Berginc, Slovenia;
- Establishment of a network of regional specialized centers for education, training and transfer of knowledge for protection of cultural heritage in seizmic prone regions - Mr. Lazar Shumanov;
- Promotion of the Archaeological Guide - Gevgelija - Valandovo Region 2013 - Mr. Boban Husenovski - Mr. Emil Slamkov;
- Guided visit of the laboratories of IZIIS
When ? 19.04.2013
Where ? Skopje, Macedonia
Contact: Zoran Pavlov, President of ICOMOS Macedonia,
Qui?ICOMOS Madagascar, de concert avec le Ministère Malgache de la Culture et du Patrimoine,
Quoi? La région du nord-ouest ne disposant pas encore de biens patrimoniaux liés à l'éducation, le thème retenu pour la conférence est "La problématique de la conservation des sites et monuments à Madagascar" de manière à sensibiliser ses autorités et les habitants.
Quand etoù?18 avril à Mahajanga (Majunga), une ville portuaire du nord-ouest du pays, à quelque 600 km d'Antananarivo, la capitale.
Who ? ICOMOS Montenegro, in cooperation with the University of Montenegro.
What ? ICOMOS Education Panel - the Heritage of Education
- INTRODUCTION SPEECH- Mr. Ilija lalosevic, Ph.D, Conservator Advisor
- THE MEANING OF THE 18 APRIL CELEBRATION- Ms. Snjezana Simovic M.Arch Conservator Advisor
- LOCAL SEISMIC TRADITION IN THE FUNCTION OF RETROFITTING HERITAGE BUILDINGS- Mr. Ilija lalosevic, Ph.D, Conservator Consultant
Also, a newspaper article that promotes ICOMOS and the meaning of the International Day for Monuments and Sites has been prepared and will be released on the 18 April
When ?18 April at 2.00 PM.
Where ? Podgorica,
Who? Youth Awareness Environmental Forum (YAEF/NEPAL), Environment Cycle Radio F.M.104.2Mhz(ECRFM/Nepal), Environmental Library
What?Youth Awareness Environmental Forum (YAEF) in Nepal has established a community radio called “Environment Cycle Radio” F.M. 104.2 MHz. The radio station will broadcast heritage- related slogans every day at 6pm from 17 to 19 April.2013
On 18 April, the YAEF will hold an interactive programme concerning the important heritage in Lalitpur Godawari Area, which is the major water resource and heritage area in the Kathmandu Valley.
Who?Directorate General for Archaeology and Museums, Sultanate of Oman
What? Exhibition "The Cultural Making of Oman"
When? 17 April – 15 May 15 2013
Where?Muscat , Sultanate of Oman
Who?ICOMOS Serbia and Faculty of Architecture, University of Belgrade, Belgrade, Serbia
What?Round Table: “Education and Architectural Heritage”
When? April 18, 2013
Where? The Round table will be organized at the Faculty of Architecture, in the building of the Faculty ofEngineering of the University of Belgrade, built from 1925 to 1931, according to the project ofNikola Nestorovic and Branko Tanazevic. It was the first building specially designed forengineering faculties in Serbia and recognized as a cultural property
Who? ICOMOS PERU with different partners (see below)
- Photo exhibition organized in collaboration with PETROPERU. The name of the event is "World Heritage of Education". The place is the Cultural Center of PETROPERU (Av. Canaval y Moreyra, 150, San Isidro, Lima). It was inaugurated on April 4th and will be open until 25th April (free entrance). Download the invitation
- Special day for visiting the photo exhibition: in coordination with the main Universities of Lima, and other organizations, we are organizing for the Day of the Monuments many groups of students visiting the Photo Exhibition (all the day)
- Conference: The Day of the Monuments and the heritage of education. Place: Museum of the Central Reserve Bank of Peru. It will be held on 18th April, from 18:00 to 21:00. (Jr. Antonio Miro Quesada 442-445, Historic Center of Lima)
- Popular Photo contest "Day of the Monuments 2013: walking photo marathon in Lima Historic Center (WHS), with the support of PETROPERU and the Sub-Direction on Tourism of the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima.
- Central commemoration act in the Congress of the Republic of Peru: the central act for the Day of the Monuments will be held in the Porras Barrenechea Chamber of the Congress of the Republic of Peru under the patronage of the President of the Congress, Congressman Victor Isla Rojas. The act will be held on May 14 (due to the schedule of Mr. Isla) and will include: the official presentation of the Bill of Act declaring formally 18 of April as the International Day of the Monuments and the Day of the Peruvian Cultural Heritage, a recognition ceremony in honour to the Honorary President of ICOMOS Peru, Arch. Víctor Pimentel Gurmendi, and speeches by prominent specialists on the issue "heritage of education" in Peru. The same day it will be inaugurated a photo exhibition on Balsa Puerto, a rock art area in the Region Loreto, Amazon Basis, where ICOMOS Peru will develop a project to enhance the area and study its possibilities to be considered as a WHS
- Additionally ICOMOS Peru is coordinating press conferences and interviews in the main communication media to diffuse the importance of the Day of the Monuments and Sites.
La Decana de la Facultad de Arquitectura, elJefe del Departamento Académico de Arquitecturay la Directora del Programa Académico deArquitectura tienen el agrado de invitar a usted
What? Conferencias que se realizarán en conmemoracióndel Día Internacional de los Monumentos
- Dr. Ing. Nicola Masini, Università di Basilicata, Italia: Conservación del patrimonioarquitectónico: enfoques metodológicos ynuevas tecnologías de diagnóstico
- Dra. rq. Olga Keiko Mendoza Shimada Ph.D, UNIFÉ—Universidad de Ritsumeikán, Japón:
- El patrimonio cultural y los desastres sísmicos
Where and When?Jueves 18 de abril de 2013, 10:00 am, Lugar: Sala Cubero, Pabellón Cubero 2º piso. Campus UNIFÉ.Ingreso libre
Who ? Patrimonio y Sitios
Esta actividad académica es posible por la generosa participación de los mencionados profesionales, con el auspicio de la Universidad Antonio Ruiz de Montoya y la Universidad Femenina del Sagrado Corazón, y está dirigido a estudiantes así como profesionales interesados por la preservación del Patrimonio Cultural.
What? Este 2013, ICOMOS ha sugerido que el tema alrededor del cual se centren las conmemoraciones, sea la Educación y Patrimonio. Siguiendo esta recomendación, [P+S] Patrimonio y Sitios, equipo integrado por miembros del Comité Peruano de ICOMOS, organiza por octavo año consecutivo la conmemoración del Día de Monumento en el Perú bajo estas pautas.
When? martes 16 y viernes 19 de abril
Where? Auditorio de la Universidad Antonio Ruiz de Montoya
Avenida Paso de los Andes N° 970, Pueblo Libre.
Download invitation and leafletwith full programme
Who?Ecovida y Universo
What? Viviendo la historia (Living our history)
Tendremos un recorrido a través de algunos monumentos y sitios históricos de nuestra ciudad de Lima. En este recorrido conoceremos la historia y el valor de estos lugares y dejaremos que ellos mismos nos terminen de contar su historia a través de nuestros sentidos, es decir: "viviremos la historia".
When? 14 April
Where? Lima, Perú
Who? Ecovida y Universo
What?Monumentos y SItios: Nuestra Historia vive (Monuments and Sites: Our History Lives)
Este jueves 18 de abril celebramos el Día Internacional de Monumentos y Sitios con una serie de charlas sobre temas relacionados a nuestro patrimonio cultural e histórico y su relación con la educación, la cual se iniciarán a las 18 horas (6 p.m.)
When? 18th April 2013 6:00pm until 9:00pm in UTC-05
Where? Lima, Perú, Av. Aviación 2344 oficina 202. San Borja. Frente a la Estación de la Cultura del Metro. A una cuadra del cruce de las Avenidas Aviación y Javier Prado.
What?Heritage tour of 2 universities in Manila, the University of Sto.Tomas, the oldest university in the Philippines and the Far Eastern University, one of the best campuses with Art Deco buildings.
“Heritage of Education in the Philippines”
ICOMOS Philippines will be having a heritage tour of the University of Sto. Tomas (UST) and the Far Eastern University (FEU). These 2 universities best exemplify “Heritage of Education in the Philippines”, noted for its valuable collection of cultural assets and best practices on architectural conservation.
University of Sto. Tomas 1:00-3:00pm (UST Museum, UST Archives, Walking Tour of the Campus)
Far Eastern University 3:30-5:30pm (Walking Tour of the Campus)
The guided tours will be facilitated by Arch. Clarissa Avendaňo (Professor, UST College of Architecture),Regalado Trota Jose (Director of the UST Archives), and Martin Lopez (Director of the FEU President’s Committee on Culture and Alumni Affairs).
When ?April 27, 2013, Saturday from 1-5:30pm.
Who ? ICOMOS Poland, under the patronage of General Conservator of Poland
What?Scientific conference "Valuing of architectural heritage".We have 200 participants, 20 contributions.
When ? 15-16 April
Where ? Wilanów Castle in Warsaw
Qui?Parmi plus de 300 organizations pour la celebration du 18 avril au Portugal, soutenues par ICOMOS Portugal en partenariat avec le Gouvernement Portugais, par le biais de la Direction Génèrale du Parimoine Culturel Portugais
Quoi? Nous soulignons le colloque officiel du 18 avril qui aura lieu pendant toute la journée a Coimbra, au Colège des Jésuites de l'Université et qui est une organization de l'ICOMOS Portugal et de la Direction Générale du Patrimoine Culturel. Dans ce colloque nous signalons aussi les 5 siècles de la bibliothèque Générale de cette Université (1513-2013).
Ce colloque présentera et discutera par ailleurs les plus récentes interventions en édifices de l'éducation ayant valeur patrimonial, dont une qui vient d'être distinguée par le prix Europa Nostra 2013 au Lycée Passos Manuel a Lisbonne.
Le 18 avril implique plus de trois mil personnes qui un peu par tout le pays travaillerons pour la fête et la sensibilization du patrimoine culturel de l'éducation!
What?Qatar National Committee General Assembly meeting
- Distribution of the members cards,
- Discussion of ICOMOS activities,
- Celebrating 18th April- the International Day for Monuments and Sites- workshop on Preservation of al Zubarah archaeological site and fort.
- Election of the Executive Board.
When ? April 18, 2013 at 11:00 a.m
Who ? ICOMOS Romania jointly with the University of Architecture and Urbanism “Ion Mincu”-Bucharest
What ?A conference gathering the administrators of the educational historic monuments of Bucharest (32 monuments comprising prestigious universities, faculties, high schools, public libraries), students and ICOMOS members. The Minister of Culture and the Minister of Education are invited. The Conference will be the opportunity to emphasize upon the need to bind education with the preservation of monuments. A student poster competition for this subject was initiated last week by the Faculty of Architecture “Learn from the past while looking towards the future - Who we are without cultural heritage?”
When ?18 April
$1- Article in Seychelles major newspapers on the importance of the built educationalheritage in Seychelles.
$1- Announcement in the same article of ICOMOS Seychelles’ plans to open an Exhibition Centre in collaboration with the Seychelles Heritage Foundation and the SeychellesNational Arts Council to promote traditional architecture including the traditional architecturalfeatures,often of granite building materials,of schools and colleges in Seychelles.
Who? ICOMOS Spain
What?Visit to the archaelogical Site of "Las Pilillas" in Requena (Valencia). Visita al yacimiento arqueológico de "Las Pilillas" en conmemoración del Día Internacional de Monumentos y Sitios.
Qui? Organisation de défense du patrimoine de Madrid, "Madrid Ciudadanía y Patrimonio",
Quoi? A l'occasion de la Journée Internationale des Monuments et des Sites, va organiser deux tables de débat sur les changes que vont être faites dans les lois de protection, le 15 Avril à l'Ateneo (Madrid), et une visite guidée le 18 Avril, dans laquelle on verra des maisons tipiques de Madrid en danger, et des sites arqueologiques au centre ville, qu'ont êté partiallement "recuperés" a la même fois que detruits. Les tîtres des rencontres sont: "Patrimonio: Lo Legal y lo Real; La Ley del Patrimonio Histórico y el Plan General de Ordenación Urbana"
Où ? Madrid
Quand ?18 April 2013
Qui ? L'association "Amics de la UNESCO de Girona" de la ville de Girona (Catalogne, Espagne) , Avec la collaboration de la Mairie de la Ville et de la Fondation Rafael Masó.
Quoi ?Conférence “El Noucentisme no va ser el culpable”
Conférencier: Dr. Jordi Falgàs, historicien et directeur de la Fundació Rafael Masó
Quand ?le 18 avril 2013, 19:30
Où? Sala Miquel Diumé de la Mairie de Girona.
Who? Servicios de Conservación y Restauración, Jardines y Bosques y el de Investigación y Difusión del Patronato de la Alhambra y Generalife.
What? Alhambra – special visits , photographic competition - http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/La-Ciudad-Palatina/32/0/
Alhambra celebra el Día Internacional de los Monumentos y Sitios, que tendrá lugar el próximo 18 de abril, con la apertura de diferentes espacios del recinto monumental nazarí, que podrán visitarse de manera excepcional, y con un concurso fotográfico, en el que los Jardines de la Alhambra serán protagonistas.
Será una jornada festiva en la que la población local tendrá la oportunidad de acercarse a su Patrimonio más cercano.Para todos los espacios se organizarán visitas guiadas por especialistas para las que será imprescindible apuntarse previamente.
Los interesados en participar en esta actividad podrán hacerlo a través de lasoficinas que el Patronato de la Alhambra y Generalife tiene abiertas en el Corral del Carbón. Las plazas son limitadas hasta completar el aforo previsto para esta jornada.
Programa (Visitas Guiadas por Especialistas)
- Visitas a la Silla del Moro
-Visitas a la Torre de la Cautiva
- Visita a la Torre de las Infantas
- Visitas Jardines del Generalife
- Visitas Carmen de los Catalanes
Contact and further information: http://www.alhambra-patronato.es/index.php/Actividades-especiales/1264/0/
Who?Zanzibar Stone Town Heritage Society
What?Visits to monuments and sites with school students in the Zanzibar Stone Town. We shall have lectures concerning preservation of our heritage to students and the public in general.
Who? ICOMOS Trinidad and Tobago in collaboration with CITIZENS FOR CONSERVATION
What? A meeting of members and friends, featuring presentations by two of our members:
- Jalaludin Khan- Freetown Project Museum
-Liam Boodoo- The Reform Village School and Mandir
Where and When? 17th April 2013 at 5:30pm, Medulla Gallery, Fitt St , Woodbrook POS
Other activities include.
- A series of articles in the Trinidad Guardian Newspaper, one every day from 14th April -20th April. . Featuring Historic educational buildings and facilities. 11 sites will be featured over this period
- There will be an article in the 20th April, Catholic News on the Restoration of the Cathedral of The Immaculate Conception.
- Television Interview on 18th April at 6:45am, CNC3, Local TV channel
Qui ? ICOMOS Tunisie
Quoi ? 18 avril 2013 : Séminaire organisé en collaboration avec l’Ecole Nationale d’Architecture et d’Urbanisme (ENAU) de Tunis sur le thème : « Le patrimoine de l’éducation en Tunisie de l’Antiquité à nos jours »
Quand ? 16 mai 2013 : Journée organisée en collaboration avec l’Association de la Sauvegarde de la Médina (ASM) de Tunis comportant 2 volets :
- un colloque national sue le thème : les zaouias et leur rôle dans l’éducation
- une exposition sur le patrimoine architectural soufi en Tunisie.
Who ? ICOMOS Turkey
What? Two separate events are going to take place in Ankara and Izmir, Turkey.
The initial event is a seminar entitled "Heritage of Education / Education of Heritage" that will take place on April 18th, 2013 at Middle East Technical University, Ankara. The seminar is composed of two sequential sessions under the themes of "Heritage of education: remembering the educational heritage" and "Education of heritage: understanding today" and a panel called "Designing the future".
Download the poster
The second event includes a thematic presentation and an art exhibition that will be held on the same day at the Dokuz Eylul University in Izmir. This event aims raise awareness among primary and secondary-school students about the significance of the historic built environment and to highlight the importance of historic educational buildings.
Download the poster
ICOMOS International Scientific Committees (ISCs)
Who? Vernacular Architecture Committee of ICOMOS Mexico
What ?The Vernacular Architecture Committee of ICOMOS Mexico will celebrate 18 April with an event in a rural village.Romelia Gama and Jaime Silva, architects, both members of the local vernacular architecture committee, are organizing an event in Tlaxmalácatl, Huitzuco Municipality, in Guerrero State.
In this place there is a building from the around 1920 which was the first school of the village and now lodge the local archeological and historical museum. The vernacular building has been very well preserved. Unfortunatly in our country there is no law to protect vernacular architecture for all kind of architectural types. Because of this situation and in order to raise public and authorities awareness, we decided to give emphasis to both kind of heritage: the educational type and at the same time the vernacular buildings.
The local authorities will support the event organization. The students of all levels and local inhabitants will assist to the celebration, which will take place in different places the whole day. They will appreciate the exhibition of photographs which has been done with the collaboration of others members of the Committee.
From Yucatan PhD. Aurelio Sánchez Suárez have sent several photographs which belongs to the Mayan Area in Yucatan, which illustrate several open public spaces locally called: “ramadas” and “tablados” that normally are used for traditional festivals called “vaquerías”, but also has been used for religious teaching cult. There is plenty of information related to the traditional technical construction systems.
From Xochitlan, on the North part of the Puebla State, Ph.D Gerardo Torres, (also a member of CIAV), have sent very important vernacular examples in photographs and text, that show a rural and traditional architecture of a local musical school where they teach the children to play the “huasteco son” and the “huapango”, both musical local and regional traditions. Some others photographs present the rural vernacular building for the primary school still in use.