The outcome report of the ICOMOS Coordination Meeting on the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), held in Istanbul on 4-5 February 2017, has been finalized. The report features the summary of the meeting proceedings, the draft ICOMOS Action Plan ‘Cultural Heritage and Localizing the SDGs’ and appendices including background information and resources.
UNGA, Habitat, UNSD
1. The SDGs (“Transforming Our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”): https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/post2015/transformingourworld
2. New Urban Agenda (Habitat III outcome document: Quito Declaration on Sustainable Cities and Human Settlements for All): http://unhabitat.org/new-urban-agenda-adopted-at-habitat-iii/
3. SDG Goal 11 Monitoring Framework (UN-Habitat, 2016): http://unhabitat.org/sdg-goal-11-monitoring-framework/
4. Work Plans for Tier III Indicators (UN Statistics Division, 11 November 2016): http://unstats.un.org/sdgs/files/meetings/iaeg-sdgs-meeting-04/Tier%20III%20Work%20Plans%2011.11.2016.pdf
5. Tier Classification for SDG Indicator 11.4.1 (UIS, 2016): http://unstats.un.org/sdgs/files/meetings/iaeg-sdgs-meeting-03/3rd-IAEG-SDGs-presentation-UNESCO--11.4.1.pdf
An international coordination meeting will be held in Istanbul on 4-5 February 2017, convened by the ICOMOS Focal Point for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) with the support of the ICOMOS Turkish National Committee and ICOMOS International Secretariat, as part of ICOMOS efforts related to the United Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, in particular the Heritage Target (SDG11.4) to “protect and safeguard the world’s cultural and natural heritage” under the heading of “sustainable cities” (SDG11).