Documents are not available for loan, but only for consultation at the Centre.
→ Copying / Scanning services
Visitors can photocopy articles from journals and chapters from books if their state of conservation allows it, and subject to the limits of copyright legislation. For users abroad, who are unable to visit the Centre, we can scan documents and send them by email. Contact: documentation[at]icomos.org
Documents held by the library may be photocopied:
- without limitation if they are in the public domain (70 years after the author's death).
- with the following limitations if they are not free, according to the French Centre d'exploitation du droit de copie (CFC):
* in the case of books up to 10% of the number of pages of the book.
* in the case of periodicals: maximum of 30% of the editorial content of the publication.
→ Photocopying / Scanning charges
0,10 €/page (ICOMOS members)
0,20 €/page (non-members)
→ Sale of publications
All the available ICOMOS publications and those of some ICOMOS Committees are for sale at the Documentation Centre.
Pre-payment is required by cheque in Euros (France only), PayPal, credit card or bank transfer.
Postage will be charged according to the weight, distance and specific requests (air mail, etc).
The Documentation centre is open by apointment only from 10: am until 8:pm on Mondays, and until 7:pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The ICOMOS Documentation Centre is open to every person interested in cultural heritage conservation / restoration, whether student or professional. No appointment is required.
The ICOMOS Documentation Centre is located at the ICOMOS International Secretariat in greater Paris, France:
11 rue du Séminaire de Conflans
Tel. + 33 (0) 1 41 94 17 59
Fax. + 33 (0) 1 48 93 19 16
As our new premises are in the same location as the Médiathèque de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine, please present yourself at the reception desk of the Médiathèque who will direct you to the ICOMOS offices. We thank you for kindly informing us of your visit ahead of time.
- Line 24 (Gare Saint-Lazare / Maisons Alfort École Vétérinaire) : stop Pont Nelson Mandela
- Line 109 (Terroirs de France / Pont Nelson Mandela Rives de Bercy) : stop Pont Nelson Mandela Rive Droite
- Line 111 (Terroirs de France / Champigny-Saint Maur RER) : stop Liberté-Métro
- Line 180 (Villejuif-Louis Aragon / Charenton-Écoles) : stop Liberté-Metro, Archevêché or Pont Nelson Mandela Rive Droite
By métro :
- Line 8 (Balard / Créteil) : station Liberté
- Line 14 (Saint-Lazare / Bibliothèque François Mitterrand) : station Cour Saint-Emilion (then continue with Bus 24, 109 or 111)
By train :
- Gare d’Austerlitz, métro line 5 to Bastille then métro line 8 or bus 24
- Gare de l’Est, métro line 5 to Bastille then métro line 8
- Gare de Lyon, métro line 14 or métro line 1 to Reuilly-Diderot then métro line 8 or bus 24
- Gare Montparnasse, métro line 6 to Daumesnil then métro line 8
- Gare du Nord, métro line 5 to Bastille then métro line 8
- Gare St Lazare, métro line 14 to Cour Saint-Emilion then bus 24, 109 ou 111 ; or métro line 3 to République then métro line 8