At the 18th General Assembly (Florence, Italy, November 2014), the Scientific Symposium "Heritage and Landscapes as Human Values" wanted to promote a broad discussion able to provide insights for improving the intercultural dialogue and placing the human being at the centre of the cultural debate, where heritage and landscape values represent a shared synthesis. Following presentations by 170 speakers and debates, the General Assembly adopted the "The Florence Declaration on Heritage and Landscapes as Human Values regarding the values of Cultural Heritage in building a peaceful and democratic society".
On behalf of ICOMOS Italy and the Scientific Committee for the Symposium, ICOMOS has the pleasure of launching the call for papers for the Scientific Symposium which will take place in Florence, Italy, on the occasion of the 18th ICOMOS General Assembly, from 10 to 14 November 2014, on the theme : “Heritage and Landscape as Human Values”.
Download the call for papers
Deadline for abstracts: 31 January 2014
(Extended deadline: 10 February 2014)
For more information on the 18th General Assembly
(further practical information will be posted in early 2014)
17th ICOMOS General Assembly and Scientific Symposium ‘Heritage, driver of development’ 27 November - 2 December 2011, Paris, France
- ICOMOS' 17th General Assembly Scientific Symposium proceedings (1st June 2012)
- Final Communiqué
- The joint ICOMOS – TICCIH Principles for the Conservation of Industrial Heritage Sites, Structures, Areas and Landscapes (The "Dublin Principles")
- The Valletta Principles for the Safeguarding and Management of Historic Cities, Towns and Urban Areas
- The Paris Declaration on Heritage as a Driver of Development
- The Resolutions of the 17th General Assembly
- The biographies of the newly elected Executive Committee members
- ICOMOS General Assembly Rules of Procedure, adopted in Paris, December 2011